Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - February 17

Beloved, whatever you are waiting for or believing for, God will not be late. The Lord is the Healer. He is just. He is the dreamer of dreams and He answers prayers. Be assured that He will bring that prodigal home..... Don't give up hope and one day you will see the resurrection you have been waiting for, come your way! -- Cindy Jacobs

Never doubt God’s welcoming and unconditional love for you. If you will return to Him, He will be faithful to forgive you and cleanse you and embrace you.

God is the only one who can help us out of the darkness and guide us to true freedom. Today follow the true light that comes from God.

Today let's give thanks that we are part of the Body of Christ.

God is always with us and watches over us all the time. God is sincerely interested in us every day. God sees into our hearts and knows our innermost thoughts every day of the week. God also smiles when we perform small acts of kindness behind the scenes, without expecting anything in return. God approves of our selflessly helping an elderly neighbor carry her groceries, our generously feeding a stray cat every night, or our silently praying for a stranger. God’s presence is not limited to one address or to one day of the week. God smiles on our quiet acts of faith.

God does not want any of us to live in the past. With God’s forgiveness, we can leave our past mistakes behind and live for today. We can enjoy the present as we experience God’s love. With God’s grace, we do not have to dwell on the past.

When we trust in God, we will not be discouraged.

Moving toward others with love is moving toward God.

God is with you. Just lean back on him. He will support you. He is your strength.

Whatever the day may bring, we are in God’s loving care.

When the Storm Comes by Tim's Inspiration
Victor Hugo, who is famous for his novel the Hunchback of Notre Dame, also wrote a story called "Ninety-Three." It tells of a ship caught in a dangerous storm on the high seas. At the height of the storm, the frightened sailors heard a terrible crashing noise below the deck. They knew at once that this new noise came from a cannon, part of the ship's cargo, that had broken loose. It was moving back and forth with the swaying of the ship, crashing into the side of the ship with terrible impact. Knowing that it could cause the ship to sink, two brave sailors volunteered to make the dangerous attempt to retie the loose cannon. They knew the danger of a shipwreck from the cannon was greater than the fury of the storm.
That is like human life. It can overwhelm us. The furious storm outside may be overwhelming but what is going on inside can pose the greater threat to our lives. Our only hope lies in conquering that wild enemy.
Unfortunately storms that rage within us cannot be cured by ourselves. It takes the power of God's love, as revealed in Jesus Christ. He is our only hope of stilling the tempest that can harm our souls and cripple our lives.
That’s what the disciples learned one day on the Sea of Galilee. Their story unfolds dramatically in scripture in Mark 4:35-41. The Master was with them, calmly resting as the waves filled the boat. They thought the danger was outside the boat. They would soon learn the real danger laid within the boat, within their own hearts. A combination of fear and little faith would lead to unbelievable panic. They even questioned the personal care of their beloved Master. How could he deeply sleep when the sea was about to swallow them in its dark, watery death. Dominated by fear and with not even the slightest hope that they could bring themselves through and out of the difficulty, they realized their lives were at risk to the storm. We, like they, face the inevitability of the unexpected. The storm will come. What they did, we must do also. We must cry out to the Master. We must acknowledge our inadequacy and accept His sufficiency to control both what is within and without us. What can we learn from this boat ride in the storm?
1. Storms Come Suddenly.
2. Storms Can Make You Lose Direction.
3. Our Fear of the Storm Has the Power to Paralyze.
4. The greatest threat is within, not without.
5. Even if external circumstances are changed, the inner battle, if not handled, will bring us to personal tragedy.
6. The Lord will reveal to us where our problem really lies.
7. The Lord will get us safely through the storm.

Time Is In His Hands by Walking with Women through the Word
“So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.” Joshua 10:13a (NLT)
Has there ever been a time when you longed for just a little more light in your day to accomplish your tasks? When you need more time, do you ask God for it? After all, time is in His hands.
God knew Joshua needed a little more time, so He gave it to him.
Joshua and the Israelite armies were in battle against five combined Amorite armies to conquer the land allotted to them after crossing the Jordan. Joshua and his men were tired. The warring for the land had been intense. As the leader, Joshua decided to travel all night for a surprise attack. And then Joshua asked God to hold the sun and moon still so they could fight.
Over a decade ago God called me to radically trust Him with my time and get up each morning before the sun rose to spend time in prayer, and in His Word.
How can I do this? I remember asking the Lord.
I argued: I am a busy wife and mother. The baby is only a few months old. I need sleep.
It never occurred to me to ask God to help me by adjusting my time so that I could walk in obedience to Him as well as take care of all my other responsibilities.
Eventually I obeyed, but not wholeheartedly. My problem wasn’t that I did not want to know God better. My problem was that I believed I could manage the time in my day better than He could. I believed the lie that told me I was in control. The lie told me I did not need God for the little details of my day-to-day living. The lie told me I did not need to tithe the first fruits of my day to God. The lie, lied.
Eventually the lie was defeated, just like the Amorite armies.
Over the last decade I have learned, like Joshua, to call on God and ask Him to “let the sun and moon stand still” so that I can accomplish what He has ordained for me to do. It is my desire to be at peace with His timing and not to complete my hecklist.
Do I believe He has held time in His hands for me? Yes I do. How can that be? He is God, the great I AM, and the Creator of time.
When you need more time, will you ask God for it?

The Rail Strike by JJ Ollerenshaw
Ezekiel 34:12a – As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. (NIV 2011)
Before Christmas, my husband and I were in England when the big news was the rail strike. England enjoys a complex network of both surface and underground trains. They interconnect like a giant spider web: a maze of tunnels, escalators, stations, and shops. Each line is allotted a different colour. The infrastructure is old, and passengers have increased by seven million over the past decade. Renovations and new building are ongoing. We were impressed with the driverless airport shuttle and the space-age toilets aboard the Liverpool train. We were amused to note that on the escalators, passengers stay politely to the right — though they drive on the left! This keeps foot traffic moving smoothly by allowing others to pass on the left.
Used to a slower pace of life in a small town, we were bewildered by the crowds, unfamiliar signs, and the variety of accents of those making announcements. On our last morning, after a prayer for protection and blessing, and armed with a map, we navigated our way from my brother's home north of London to Gatwick airport in the south. At that early hour, the train was empty, but as we approached the inner city, it rapidly filled with commuters.
When we changed trains, we were suddenly faced with a steep staircase and a dilemma. We both pulled a heavy suitcase and carried a backpack. I couldn't carry my case up the steps, and my husband couldn't carry them both without toppling back. If he took just his own, he would have to leave it untended at the top while he returned for mine. We hesitated while the crowds milled around us.
Suddenly, a young man reached between us and scooped up my case with no effort. He galloped up the steps as we stumbled behind trying to keep pace. Depositing my case cheerfully at the top, he melted into the crowd.
Genesis 24:40a – The Lord, before whom I have walked faithfully, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success. (NIV 2011)
Swept along, we emerged from the bowels of the earth into King's Cross station. If we were taken aback by the teeming crowds below, it was sheer bedlam above. The system is incredibly efficient if it keeps moving. But during a union strike, the platforms quickly become engorged. As one train after another was cancelled, and while disembodied voices apologized for the inconvenience, more passengers crammed onto the platform. I anxiously watched as many stepped across the yellow safety line, in danger of being pushed onto the rails.
Proverbs 4:12 – When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. (NIV 2011)
Finally headed to the airport, the "express" stopped and started for no reason we could fathom. Passengers acknowledged that they could miss their plane. Four hours after we had left my brother's home for an hour's journey, we hurried through the gate, just as our plane was boarding!
We still faced a 7-hour plane ride, and, due to a snowstorm on arrival in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, another seven hours on the highway. Yet we felt God's hand of protection on us throughout our entire journey. God promises to be always with us. If you're heading somewhere today, faced with an ordeal of a journey, I encourage you to commit your plans to God and place yourself in His capable hands.
Prayer: Father God, we live in a fast-paced, often dangerous world. But You are the Good Shepherd Who takes care of Your sheep, no matter where we are. We put ourselves in Your hands and claim Your promises. Thank You for always being with us. Amen.

Minor Traveling Unattended
Right before the jetway door closed, I scrambled aboard the plane going from LA to Chicago, lugging my laptop and overstuffed briefcase. It was the first leg of an important business trip a few weeks before Christmas, and I was running late. I had a ton of work to catch up on. Half wishing, half praying I muttered, "Please God, do me a favor; let there be an empty seat next to mine, I don't need any distractions."
I was on the aisle in a two seat row. Across sat a businesswoman with her nose buried in a newspaper. No problem. But in the seat beside mine, next to the window, was a young boy wearing a big red tag around his neck: Minor Traveling Unattended.
The kid sat perfectly still, hands in his lap, eyes straight ahead. He'd probably been told never to talk to strangers. Good, I thought.
Then the flight attendant came by. "Michael, I have to sit down because we're about to take off," she said to the little boy. "This nice man will answer any of your questions, okay?"
Did I have a choice? I offered my hand, and Michael shook it twice, straight up and down.
"Hi, I'm Jerry," I said. "You must be about seven years old."
"I'll bet you don't have any kids," he responded.
"Why do you think that? Sure I do." I took out my wallet to show him pictures.
"Because I'm six."
"I was way off, huh?"
The captains' voice came over the speakers, "Flight attendants, prepare for takeoff."
Michael pulled his seat belt tighter and gripped the armrests as the jet engines roared.
I leaned over, "Right about now, I usually say a prayer. I asked God to keep the plane safe and to send angels to protect us."
"Amen," he said, then added, "but I'm not afraid of dying. I'm not afraid because my mama's already in Heaven."
"I'm sorry." I said.
"Why are you sorry?" he asked, peering out the window as the plane lifted off.
"I'm sorry you don't have your mama here."
My briefcase jostled at my feet, reminding me of all the work I needed to do.
"Look at those boats down there!" Michael said as the plane banked over the Pacific. "Where are they going?"
"Just going sailing, having a good time. And there's probably a fishing boat full of guys like you and me."
"Doing what?" he asked.
"Just fishing, maybe for bass or tuna. Does your dad ever take you fishing?"
"I don't have a dad," Michael sadly responded.
Only six years old and he didn't have a dad, and his Mom had died, and here he was flying halfway across the country all by himself. The least I could do was make sure he had a good flight. With my foot I pushed my briefcase under my seat.
"Do they have a bathroom here?" he asked, squirming a little.
"Sure," I said, "let me take you there."
I showed him how to work the "Occupied" sign, and what buttons to push on the sink, then he closed the door. When he emerged, he wore a wet shirt and a huge smile
"That sink shoots water everywhere!"
The attendants smiled.
Michael got the VIP treatment from the crew during snack time. I took out my laptop and tried to work on a talk I had to give, but my mind kept going to Michael. I couldn't stop looking at the crumpled grocery bag on the floor by his seat. He'd told me that everything he owned was in that bag. Poor kid.
While Michael was getting a tour of the cockpit the flight attendant told me his grandmother would pick him up in Chicago. In the seat pocket a large manila envelope held all the paperwork regarding his custody. He came back explaining, "I got wings! I got cards! I got more peanuts. I saw the pilot and he said I could come back anytime!"
For a while he stared at the manila envelope.
"What are you thinking?" I asked Michael.
He didn't answer. He buried his face in his hands and started sobbing. It had been years since I'd heard a little one cry like that. My kids were grown -- still I don't think they'd ever cried so hard. I rubbed his back and wondered where the flight attendant was.
"What's the matter buddy?" I asked.
All I got were muffled words "I don't know my grandma. Mama didn't want her to come visit and see her sick. What if Grandma doesn't want me? Where will I go?"
"Michael, do you remember the Christmas story? Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus? Remember how they came to Bethlehem just before Jesus was born? It was late and cold, and they didn't have anywhere to stay, no family, no hotels, not even hospitals where babies could be born. Well, God was watching out for them. He found them a place to stay; a stable with animals."
"Wait, wait," Michael tugged on my sleeve. "I know Jesus. I remember now." Then he closed his eyes, lifted his head and began to sing. His voice rang out with a strength that rocked his tiny frame. "Jeeesus looooves me--thiiiiiis I knowwwwwww. For the Biiiiiible tells meeeeee sooooo....."
Passengers turned or stood up to see the little boy who made the large sound. Michael didn't notice his audience. With his eyes shut tight and voice lifted high, he was in a good place.
"You've got a great voice," I told him when he was done. "I've never heard anyone sing like that."
"Mama said God gave me good pipes just like my grandma's," he said. "My grandma loves to sing, she sings in her church choir."
"Well, I'll bet you can sing there, too. The two of you will be running that choir."
The seat belt sign came on as we approached O'Hare. The flight attendant came by and said we just have a few minutes now, but she told Michael it's important that he put on his seat belt. People started stirring in their seats, like the kids before the final school bell. By the time the seat belt sign went off, passengers were rushing down the aisle. Michael and I stayed seated.
"Are you gonna go with me?" he asked.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world buddy!" I assured him.
Clutching his bag and the manila envelope in one hand, he grabbed my hand with the other. The two of us followed the flight attendant down the jetway. All the noises of the airport seemed to fill the corridor.
Michael stopped, flipping his hand from mine, he dropped to his knees. His mouth quivered. His eyes brimmed with tears.
"What's wrong Michael? I'll carry you if you want."
He opened his mouth and moved his lips, but it was as if his words were stuck in his throat. When I knelt next to him, he grabbed my neck. I felt his warm, wet face as he whispered in my ear, "I want my mama!"
I tried to stand, but Michael squeezed my neck even harder. Then I heard a rattle of footsteps on the corridor's metal floor.
"Is that you, baby?"
I couldn't see the woman behind me, but I heard the warmth in her voice.
"Oh baby," she cried. "Come here. Grandma loves you so much. I need a hug, baby. Let go of that nice man." She knelt beside Michael and me.
Michael's grandma stroked his arm. I smelled a hint of orange blossoms.
"You've got folks waiting for you out there, Michael. Do you know that you've got aunts, and uncles and cousins?"
She patted his skinny shoulders and started humming. Then she lifted her head and sang. I wondered if the flight attendant told her what to sing, or maybe she just knew what was right. Her strong, clear voice filled the passageway, "Jesus loves me -- this I know..."
Michael's gasps quieted. Still holding him, I rose, nodded hello to his grandma and watched her pick up the grocery bag. Right before we got to the doorway to the terminal, Michael loosened his grip around my neck and reached for his grandma.
As soon as she walked across the threshold with him, cheers erupted. From the size of the crowed, I figured family, friends, pastors, elders, deacons, choir members and most of the neighbors had come to meet Michael. A tall man tugged on Michael's ear and pulled off the red sign around his neck. It no longer applied.
As I made my way to the gate for my connecting flight, I barely noticed the weight of my overstuffed briefcase and laptop. I started to wonder who would be in the seat next to mine this time...And I smiled. --Jerry Seiden

A Miracle
A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet. She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even. The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes. Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.
She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention but he was too busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster No good. Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!
And what do you want?" the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice. "I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages," he said without waiting for a reply to his question.
"Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. "He's really, really sick... and I want to buy a miracle."
"I beg your pardon?" said the pharmacist.
"His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?"
"We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you," the pharmacist said, softening a little.
"Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs."
The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, "What kind of a miracle does your brother need?"
"I don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. "I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money."
"How much do you have?" asked the man from Chicago.
"One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answered barely audibly. "And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to."
"Well, what a coincidence," smiled the man. "A dollar and eleven cents--the exact price of a miracle for little brothers." He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said "Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need."
That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specializing in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed without charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well. Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.
"That surgery," her Mom whispered, "was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?"
Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost ... one dollar and eleven cents ... plus the faith of a little child. --Author Unknown

The Everlasting Arms
SOMETIMES in the midst of many activities, a quietness settles down into me. I feel at peace and totally secure -- like the lost sheep must have felt in the arms of the good shepherd.
But most of each day is filled with duties and distractions. Hurry, clutter, and emotions poorly expressed or unexpressed cloud my awareness of God. I slip into the "wrong plan": I pray when I should act, or I act when I should pray; I discard a perfectly good plan or I keep a worthless one, wasting my time and vitality.
At such times I might give up, except that the Bible teaches me to trust. Words like the ones God spoke to Jeremiah are a great comfort to me. From the source of protection and nurture, the everlasting Savior, I hear, "I will deliver you." Whether or not we are aware of it, God is with us and is working on our behalf. Our security has little to do with us. We may be weak, even incompetent. Still, the matter of how we are is in God's hands: We are secure -- in the arms of the Good Shepherd.
--A. Michele Leslie

The Bread of Life
A few years ago, a friend gave our family a portion of her sourdough starter. Containing a yeast culture, starter is a batter-like substance used for making bread. Once a week flour, sugar, and potato flakes are added to our starter. For over 25 years, our friend has drawn from the same bowl to make bread for her family and to give a starter to friends.
Our family now makes three loaves of sourdough bread each week. The children enjoy watching the dough rise to form the loaves. The smell of freshly baked bread fills our kitchen. On these evenings, the warm bread also fills our stomachs, nourishing our bodies. Like our friend, we also spread the fun by giving portions of our starter to other families.
Faith in Jesus Christ is a lot like the sourdough starter. It needs regular nourishment. Prayer, daily Bible reading, service to others, and commitment to doing God's will are some of the ingredients that feed healthy discipleship. Like the fresh bread, the peace of Christ fills us. The Bread of Life gives us spiritual sustenance; we yearn to spread God's word and to help the faith of others grow. --Patrick Borders

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Pull in your wandering thoughts by being aware of your mental process. Bring your soul under the authority of Christ in every situation. It is important for you to actually walk and live in the Spirit instead of allowing your flesh to rule. Rise up in the spiritual realm and yield to My leading, says the Lord. I want to keep you in the safety of My presence. 2 Corinthians 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

You have been in a whirlwind of circumstances, which caused you to rethink your position on several fronts. That flurry is virtually over, and you can now begin to stabilize. My desire is for you to further develop spiritual discernment. This will be a key element in your progression, says the Lord. I will speak to those who have ears to hear. Mark 4:9 And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

When you are faced with opposition, take the time to examine yourself to understand your own culpability instead of escalating from opposition to division. Your sense of pride and need to be right will cause you to fight for the victim position. But, I want you to be honest with yourself and be established in a righteous position before Me, says the Lord. Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Let faith rule and reign in every circumstance. Refuse to allow fear to have any place of control. Hold on to what you know, and I will hear your prayer and answer when you call. I will give divine direction that leads to spiritual perfection. You will see My glory and be amazed, says the Lord. I am your stronghold, your fortress, your high tower and safe harbor. I am your Rock! Psalms 31:3 For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me.

Settle down and refuse to allow stress to rule. You must deliberately seek to be at peace in your circumstances and with yourself. This will allow you to be at peace with Me as well, says the Lord. I remind you again that you are not alone. I give wisdom and direction every time you ask, so let go of your tendency to try to be self-sufficient. Be one with Me. Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Draw near to Me, says the Lord. I am calling forth a people who will order their steps according to divine wisdom and who will live in righteousness. Examine yourself to see with clarity your attitudes and motivations, especially those that keep you from being one with Me. And, be willing to let go of everything that hinders purity of heart. Psalm 24:3-5 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The enemy has lied to you. People have spoken against you. But, you need to stir up the Spirit within you. Encourage yourself. And, I remind you that I am for you and I always will be with you to accomplish everything I have set you to do, says the Lord. Be an overcomer in this earth. Live with the right to rule and reign over your life. Simply believe what I have spoken and let it become the word that projects you into your future.

Come now, My people, let us meet together. Let us communicate once again as we used to. Come to Me and talk with Me and express yourself to Me. For, the things that you are troubled with I already know of. But, if you can give them to Me then I can work with them. I can do something with them and I can bring them out of your sphere and into Mine. So, again I say, let us talk. Let us once again enjoy one another’s company in sweet conversation. As I speak to you, you will be strengthened. You will be encouraged. The word that I speak to you will become fresh manna and it will become the strength of your purpose in these days. Come in faith, says the Lord.

This Is What I've Been Looking For By Chris Long
This is what I've been looking for,
This is what I have sought,
to know deep down and really grasp,
that I am loved by God;
By my Creator that made me,
And cherishes who He made.
Oh my heart, rejoice in love,
no longer be afraid.
I am a child of God;
I'm an heir with Jesus Christ.
I receive my inheritance purchased for me
by my Savior's sacrifice.
I have been set free;
I am no longer bound.
All blessings are mine in Christ,
I receive my royal crown.
For I am royalty by my new birth,
born into a royal family.
I receive all the promises that are mine,
By the position bestowed to me.
And I know all things are possible,
Yes I can do anything.
There are no limitations,
for children of the King.
And I rejoice and lift my hands,
and I bow in humility,
with gratefulness to this One
who has so loved me.
This is what I've been looking for,
Yes this is what I have sought,
to know deep down and really grasp,
Oh I am loved by God.

Your Assignment by Anne R. C . Neale - Feb 10 2004
If God asked you to create a tree,
Could you do it as well as He?
If God asked you to create a live bird
Could you do it? that's absurd,
If God asked you to create a man,
With its complex organs do you think you can?
If God asked you to create the universe,
Do you think you can, you'd do worse,
If God asked you to create a breath,
Could you create it and take it at death?
If God asked you to created the sun,
How long would it take you to get it done?
God only gives us one assignment you see,
To love one another and to also Love He.

Jesus A Friend Indeed Written by Anonimus??Inc
I had a Friend who I never saw,
I had a Friend who was always around,
I had a Friend who never made me frown,
Watching over me.
He was always there when I needed Him most,
He always knew the right things to say,
He made me laugh, jump, smile and play,
He made things seem so simple and that was His way.
I wondered why He was my Friend,
Because I had done so much wrong,
But it seemed He didn’t care,
Because He was always around.
Many days I got up with a frown,
I was feeling so so down,
But then I felt His kind words as He spoke them so true,
It seemed that no other person could ever fill His shoes.
He was with me, at school and at play,
Protecting me, guiding me and teaching me all the way,
I couldn’t believe Someone would be so kind to me,
That when I got home, I fell on my knees and prayed for His soul to keep.
I always wondered who His name was,
And He gave me a book and told me to look it up,
I opened the book He gave to me,
And started to read it carefully.
The name of the book was The Holy Bible,
And then I realized who He was,
Written in the book it was so clear and precise,
He was My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
He was the one who died at the cross for my sins,
His Father’s name was God,
I fell to my knees and Praised Him for His great endeavor,
And I promised Him I would Praise, Pray and Worship Him and His Father forever.

30 He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

When Jesus spoke . . . to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12

Jesus said, “I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” - Matthew 28:20

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. - Isaiah 43:18

When you are disturbed . . . ponder it on your beds, and be silent. . . . I will both lie down and sleep in peace; for you alone, O LORD, make me lie down in safety. - Psalm 4:4, 8

The psalmist wrote, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.” - Psalm 28:7

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $100 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $100 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $100 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?"
Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $100.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.
But no matter what has happened, how unclean, crumpled or creased, you are still priceless to Him." -- Author Unknown

Father God, thank you for sending your son to earth to give us the hope of eternal life with you. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 54
1 Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength. 2 Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth. 3 For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul: they have not set God before them. Selah. 4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. 5 He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth. 6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Lord; for it is good. 7 For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.

Dear God, fill our hearts with your faithfulness and love, and help us to motivate and encourage others. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply