Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Panic

Quote:
Panics, in some cases, have their uses. Their duration is always short; the mind soon grows through them and acquires a firmer habit than before.
--Thomas Paine

Anxiety is a feeling that something needs attention. It means something is going on. It is our job to ask ourselves what is the cause of this anxiety? It is caused by fear, guilt, resentments, or frustration, or projecting into the future?

One way to get through these periods of anxiety is to center ourselves in the present. Refocus ourselves to time, place and date.

Another method that I use is guided imagery. It calms my inner feelings and I come out of my meditative state refreshed and refocused. This process is similar to deep meditation.

If the anxiety is severe I turn to the Bible get down on my knees and pray. Usually I read the Psalms. They are for the most part short and I can focus on them.

When my mind is clear I can learn from anxiety and grow from it.

How do you handle your periods of anxiety and what have you learned from it ?

From Night Light
For me the best thing is to remember to breathe. It is important to quiet my mind and connect to my God.

I found the 12 Steps of AA were just as applicable to my anxiety, as it was to my addictions. Applicable to my pain, as most emotions make themselves known physically and visa versa.

What ever book I pick up, I say a prayer, open it and read the words that my eyes land on. Words are good, but the most important thing is taking the words off the page and applying them to my life. Words mean nothing, we can quote them chapter and verse, but unless we learn to live them, our life remains anxiety ridden.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply