Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-14-2017, 07:24 AM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." John 15:12

Isaiah 43:13 (NLT) From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. - James 1:17

Let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. —John 1:14

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. — James 5:16
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 16

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. (TLV) - Hebrew 13:16

Don’t get tired of doing what is good. Galatians 6:9

“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful” (Luke 6:36, NIV).

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all... — Psalm 34:19

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 17

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

"Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:1

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

“Follow God’s example in everything you do, because you are his dear children” (Ephesians 5:1).

Love is patient and kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4

II Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NLT): Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. —2 Corinthians 4:17

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. — Galatians 6:9
Old 12-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 18

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
Psalm 34:10

2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:41

Acts 10:43 (CEB) All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.

Thought: Jesus gives us a new heart and a new start.

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Psalm 33:4

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Isaiah 25:9 In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”
Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 19

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means "God is with us." - Matthew 1:23

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Restore us, O LORD God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved. —Psalm 80:19

Isaiah 49:13 Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 20

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? Psalm 42:2

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Psalm 130:8 (NLT) He Himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.

Thought: God gives all of us the very same gift. Receive it today. Pray: "Jesus, take away my sins. Give me new life and lasting, enduring trust in You. Amen."

God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Luke 1:30-31 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 21

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10

I cry out to God most high, to God who fulfills His purpose for me. (ESV) - Psalms 57: 2

Matthew 1:20-21 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. – 2 Corinthians 4:6

“Share with God’s people who are in need” (Romans 12:13, NIV).

II Thessalonians 3:5 (NLT): May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 22

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:" James 1:19

“Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them, he rescued them from the grave.” Psalm 107:19-20

“Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” (Luke 12:15, NIV).

Don’t store up treasures here on earth . … Store your treasures in heaven. Matthew 6: 19-20

But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. – Luke 1:30-31
Old 12-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 23

John 1:9-10 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31 (KJV)

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

“Don’t forget to do good and to share what you have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to God” (Hebrews 13:16).

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. – Luke 1:38

Galatians 4:4-5 4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 24

2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" -- which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. — Proverbs 27:1

Mark 11:25 - 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:8-11

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." John 4:10

Matthew 11:28-29 - 28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Old 12-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 25

Matthew 2:1-2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God." 1 John 4:15

Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words! - 2 Corinthians 9:15

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” – Luke 2:12-14

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." —Luke 2:11

Matthew 2:1-11
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written:

“‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler
who will shepherd my people Israel.’”

Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. — Psalm 121:2-4
Old 12-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 26

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matthew 5:14

1 John 4:9 (NLT) God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him.

Thought: The impact of Jesus lasts forever.

For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Proverbs 2:8

“…I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10

“Put your generosity to work, for in so doing you will come to an understanding of all the good things we can do for Christ” (Philemon 6).

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. — Jeremiah 17:7
Post New ThreadReply