Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-16-2023, 06:44 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 16

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

Matthew 11:28-29 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Romans 13:7 – Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Isaiah 12:2a – Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid.

Psalm 63:1 NIV O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2023, 01:53 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

Psalm 145:1-2 – I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.

John 15:7 – But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

God blesses those who are persecuted because they live for God. Matthew 5:10

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

2 Samuel 22:29 You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless man goes hungry. — Proverbs 19:15
Old 04-18-2023, 05:59 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

Ephesians 4:22-24 "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

Psalm 119:9 – Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Matthew 4:4 – Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Philippians 4:4-5 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

Joshua 2:11b – For the Lord your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:45 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

Give us today our daily bread. Matthew 6:11

Psalm 92:4-5 – For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. How great are your works, Lord, how profound your thoughts!

1 Peter 2:12 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing" (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Matthew 6:25-34 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Hebrews 13:5-6 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Old 04-20-2023, 06:04 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

Psalm 16:5a – Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.

Romans 8:16-17 – The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may share in his glory.

Amos 5:24 – But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!

Hebrews 13:6 – The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, the Rock of my salvation! —2 Samuel 22:47
Old 04-21-2023, 06:35 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 21

Psalm 145:3-4 – Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.

Isaiah 60:19b – For the Lord your God will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God trans*form you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. — Proverbs 10:4

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
Old 04-22-2023, 07:48 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Galatians 6:10 – Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Luke 18:27 – Jesus answered, "What is humanly impossible is possible for God.'

“Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.” (Ephesians 5:15-17, NIV)

John 10:28-30 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
Old 04-23-2023, 07:31 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. Deuteronomy 28:1

Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Psalm 46:1-2 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.

Romans 15:4b – The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:18 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

He answered, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Luke 10:27

Psalm 139:1-3 – O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.

Psalm 146:1-2 – Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Psalm 25:4 – Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.

Jeremiah 17:7 NIV "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. — Proverbs 10:12

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

The LORD is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. Psalms 145:8
Old 04-25-2023, 07:01 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

Psalm 86:5-7 5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. 6 Hear my prayer, Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. 7 When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.

Psalm 1:1-3 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His Law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither."

"I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit" (John 15:5).

Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 – Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.

1 Timothy 6:6 – But godliness with contentment is great gain.

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. — Proverbs 15:18
Old 04-26-2023, 05:52 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7

2 Peter 1:3 – His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Isaiah 44:24 – This is what the Lord says — your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, the Maker of all things.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. — Proverbs 18:10

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:33 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

Hebrews 13:5-8 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” 7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Psalm 10:14 – But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Exodus 15:2a – The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. —2 Corinthians 4:16–18
Old 04-28-2023, 06:38 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

Matthew 4:4b – Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. — Proverbs 17:27

Matthew 7:24-25 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

Jonah 2:6 6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit.

Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.””

Numbers 6:24-26 24 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
Old 04-29-2023, 07:07 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

James 1:27 – Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Joel 2:27b – I am the Lord your God and there is none else. And my people shall never again be put to shame.

"Behold! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me." (Revelation 3:20)

Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf. — Proverbs 11:28

Psalm 118:6 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Old 04-30-2023, 07:13 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 10:12 – Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.

Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.

Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out. — Proverbs 17:14

1 John 5:4 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Job 19:25 “I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.”

Do to others as you would like them to do to you. Luke 6:31
Post New ThreadReply