Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 5/2

FAITH = For All I Trust Him

"Look at your hands for a moment. These are God's hands. They're on loan to you, and to me. We are given a physical instrument through which to reach out to our world with the presence and power of God." --Mary Manin Morrissey

"Instead of telling God about your big problems, tell your problems about your big God." --Mary Manin Morrissey

Nothing hath separated us from God but our own will, or rather our own will is our separation from God. --William Law

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us

May the God bring you out of all your troubles. Trust your course with Him.

In spite of everything, God is still God and there is a hope.

No one wants to be alone. I hope you are not alone today, but if you are, remember God loves you, and He will NEVER leave you alone.

SHAKE IT OFF Author Unknown
A parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer's well. The farmer heard the mule 'braying' - or - whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together and told them what had happened... and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.
Initially, the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back...a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back... HE SHOULD SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP! This he did, blow after blow.
"Shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up!" he repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or distressing the situation seemed the old mule fought "panic" and just kept right on SHAKING IT OFF AND STEPPING UP!
You guessed it! It wasn't long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him, actually blessed him...all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.
THAT'S LIFE! If we face our problems and respond to them positively, and refuse to give in to panic, bitterness, or self-pity... The adversities that come along to bury us usually have within them the potential to benefit and bless us! Remember that forgiveness, faith, prayer, praise and hope... all are excellent ways to "SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP" out of the wells in which we find ourselves!
"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philiooians 3:13-14)

THE LITTLE THINGS Author Unknown
A group of men were carrying on a friendly conversation. One of them remarked that he had learned to be especially careful about small things.
"Would you believe," he said, "that a little thing like a pair of socks changed the entire course of my life?"
"I can hardly believe that," replied another man.
"Well, it's true! Once I planned to take a trip with some of my friends on a canal boat, but two days before we intended to leave, I injured my foot while chopping wood. It was only a small cut, but the blue dye in the homemade socks I wore poisoned the wound, and I was compelled to stay at home. While my friends were on their journey, a powerful preacher came to our town to hold revival meetings.
Since I didn't have anything else to do, I decided to attend. The message touched me deeply, and as a result, I surrendered my heart to the Lord. Afterward I saw that I needed to change my life in many ways. New desires and purposes took hold of me. I determined also to seek an education, for I trusted that this would enable me to live more usefully for my Lord."
The man who made these comments? He was none other than the former President of the United States, James A. Garfield!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

THE BABY AND THE OLD MAN Author Unknown
This is a first-person account from a mother about her family as they ate dinner on Christmas Day in a small restaurant many miles from their home. Nancy, the mother, relates: We were the only family with children in the restaurant. I sat Erik in a high chair and noticed everyone was quietly eating and talking. Suddenly, Erik squealed with glee and said, "Hi there." He pounded his fat baby hands on the highchair tray. His eyes were wide with excitement and his mouth was bared in a toothless grin. He wriggled and giggled with merriment.
I looked around and saw the source of his merriment. It was a man with a tattered rag of a coat, dirty, greasy and worn. His pants were baggy with a zipper at half-mast and his toes poked out of would be shoes. His shirt was dirty and his hair was uncombed and unwashed. His whiskers were too short to be called a beard and his nose was so varicose, it looked like a road map. We were too far from him to smell, but I was sure he smelled. His hands waved and flapped on loose wrists."Hi there, baby; hi there, big boy. I see ya, buster," the man said to Erik.
My husband and I exchanged looks, "What do we do?" Everyone in the restaurant noticed and looked at us and then at the man. The old geezer was creating a nuisance with my beautiful baby. Our meal came and the man began shouting from across the room, "Do ya know patty cake? Do you know peek-a-boo? Hey, look, he knows peek-a boo. Nobody thought the old man was cute. He was obviously drunk. My husband and I were embarrassed. We ate in silence, all except for Erik, who was running through his repertoire for the admiring skid-row bum, who in turn, reciprocated with his cute comments.
We finally got through the meal and headed for the door. My husband went to pay the check and told me to meet him in the parking lot. The man sat poised between me and the door. "Lord, just let me out of here before he speaks to me or Erik," I prayed. As I drew closer to the man, I turned my back trying to side-step him and avoid any air he might be breathing. As I did, Erik leaned over my arm, reaching with both arms in a baby's pick-me-up position. Before I could stop him, Erik had propelled himself from my arms to the man's.
Suddenly a very old smelly man and a very young baby consummated their love relationship. Erik, in an act of total trust, love, and submission laid his tiny head upon the man's ragged shoulder. The man's eyes closed and I saw tears hover beneath his lashes. His aged hands full of grime, pain and hard labor-gently, so gently cradled my baby's bottom and stroked his back.
No two beings have ever loved so deeply for so short a time. I stood awestruck. The old man rocked and cradled Erik in his arms for a moment, and then his eyes opened and set squarely on mine. He said in a firm commanding voice, "You take care of this baby." Somehow I managed, "I will," from a throat that contained a stone. He pried Erik from his chest unwillingly, longingly, as though he were in pain. I received my baby, and the man said, "God bless you, ma'am, you've given me my Christmas gift."
I said nothing more than a muttered "thanks." With Erik in my arms, I ran for the car. My husband was wondering why I was crying and holding Erik so tightly, and why I was saying, "My God, my God, forgive me." I had just witnessed Christ's love shown through the innocence of a tiny child who saw no sin, who made no judgment, a child who saw a soul, and a mother who saw a suit of clothes.
I was a Christian who was blind, holding a child who was not. I felt it was God asking . . . "Are you willing to share your son for a moment?", when HE shared His for an eternity. The ragged old man, unwittingly, had reminded me, "To enter the Kingdom of God, we must become as little children."

There’s A Storm Brewing by Tom
As I write there are storms in the forecast. Not an uncommon occurrence in our part of the world during this season. The weather forecasters have been mentioning the possibility of a severe storm system coming through for several days. West of us storms are already occurring.
There is a story in Mark chapter 5 involving Jesus, His disciples, and a storm. It is in verse 35-41.
35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” 39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Jesus’ disciples were afraid when the storm came. They woke Him and accused Him of not caring about their welfare. With three words, Jesus calmed the storm: “Quiet! Be still!” Then, He asked them why they were so afraid.
How do you react to storms? Not weather-related storms, but life-related storms? Do you live in fear of the storm that may happen? Are you prepared for the storms that are certain to come? What about the storms seem to come from out-of-nowhere?
This brief episode from the life of Jesus and His disciples offers are few insights into how we can prepare and survive the storms of life if or when they come.
First, remember you are not alone. The disciples had each other, of course, but more importantly they were in the same boat with Jesus. He is the one who said, “Let go over to the other side.” He knew the storm was coming. He was prepared for it. He was not afraid of it. When your storm hits, remember He is with you. He knew long before you were born that this particular storm would hit at this particular time. (Don’t ask me how He knew. He just knew.) He also knew He would get you through the storm. He did not look at the fearful disciples, tell them they were losers and step out of the boat, saying, “Good luck guys! You are on your own!” He could have. He did not. He will not.
Second, remember other storms that you have survived. Has He ever abandoned you? Has He ever left you on the angry mist? Has He ever turned away from you in disgust and left you to deal with life as best as you could? You may have felt that He had, but He has not. He will not.
Third, remember He can be trusted. He created the world. He set the wind in motion. He knows how much water is in the ocean. He knows where you are in the storm. He understands your fears. He wants you to have faith, but He knows there are times when your faith gets weak. He knows there are times when you feel like your boat is about to sink and you are all your friends are about to drown. He can be trusted even in the worst of storms.
There is a storm brewing. Or, maybe it is already raging. Or, maybe you have recently survived a storm and beaten and bruised and battered. Thank Him for taking care of you, for not leaving you, and for assuring you that He will be with you through all the storms of life.
Storms come and go. He remains forever.

Emotional Rollercoaster by Dorinda Hicks
For years I dealt with trying to understand why a situation in my life would not change. I was saved, born again and struggling. I felt rejected. I had a broken heart that I thought would never heal. My emotions had run away from me. I found myself on a daily emotional rollercoaster ride.
The pain was so great, I felt paralyzed at times. It was a stronghold on my mind. I would cry and pray, but I did not have the faith to believe that God could change "ANY" situation. I walked with my head down. I had given up. I could not understand why this situation had not changed.
As years passed by (yes...years!), I began to see that it was a bigger picture than I had ever imagined. God was trying to teach me something, and I was so focused on what I did not have, that I could not see the awesome things God was trying to give me. I now can see how God used this situation in my life to teach me unconditional love. I now can see that God was making me, molding me, building my character, and teaching me integrity. He has given me an identity I never had.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)
We have to be careful we don't make little gods out of our love ones. I now desire God the way I once craved that relationship. It is still not the best relationship, but it is a good relationship. I can say that today, because I am trusting God to mend it, fix it and heal it, like only He can do, in his timing.
Meanwhile, during the meantime, I can't get bitter, I must get better. I look at all the things I have learned in these years as I dealt with this situation. I know now that the enemy would have me focus on what is not, instead of what is. I truly know that today. I know "who" I am in God, and "whose" I am - and that is the most important thing for me. I must stay focused!
IT'S ALL ABOUT GOD; it's not about me.
Are you on an emotional rollercoaster today? There are times in our lives when it seems that we are not going forward; but whatever you do, don't step backwards. When you've done all you can do, stand! (Ephesians 6:13) Be patient and wait for God to do what He has to do. THE EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER IS OVER!

The Habit by Lynne Phipps
Matthew 18:1-3 – At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (NIV)
Midge, my 14-year-old dachshund, is stone deaf. She no longer hears anything whatsoever, and even though she has been this way for a number of years, I still have the habit of talking to her just like I did when she could hear me. I just don't seem to be able to break this practice, even though it is an exercise in futility, as it literally falls upon deaf ears.
Habits are incredibly hard to break, especially, it seems, the bad ones which aren't doing us any good.
The disciples had some bad habits when they came to Jesus. Some of those habits included envy, pride, and selfishness. They all wanted to be Number One: a negative habit which can definitely be hard, but not impossible, to overcome, if we heed the words of Christ.
Jesus tells us that the answer to overcoming this practice is to change, to become like little children — an answer which applies not only to the disciples' immediate problematic habit but also to almost all bad habits. Children are dependent. Children are humble. Children are so much more open to change. Children also realize that they just have to keep working at things in order to succeed. Just think of the number of times when children fall down and get back up to try again when they are learning to walk.
Today, perhaps, you — like me — have a habit you want to break. If so, be encouraged. Continue to turn it over to the Lord in prayer. Depend upon Him through His Word. Consider the discipline of fasting. Humble yourself to your own inability to change, and trust God to bring about the change within you as you determine to depend upon His power to keep on keeping on as you work toward your goal.
Father God, thank You that change is possible when we choose to humble ourselves in dependence upon You and Your power to move us forward in the direction we need to go. Bless us this day with open and trusting hearts to become like little children in Your sight. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
If you ask Me, I will give you viable solutions to difficult problems. Come to Me, and quiet your mind and emotions so that you can receive inspiration, says the Lord. I see, know and understand all things. Nothing is too difficult for Me. The only difficulty comes when you are in too much turmoil to hear My voice, or so set on your own course that you will not obey My leading. You must trust Me to help you succeed. Luke 18:27 But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Take advantage of every opportunity to be particularly sensitive to My Spirit, to people and even to My creation and creatures. You can only do this if you get away from self-centeredness and see things from an objective point of view. Objectivity requires that you look at facts or the reality of any situation without emotional investment or selfish motivation. Let Me help you see as I do, says the Lord. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

I am releasing you into a fresh flow of inspiration and creativity. Be sensitive to this divine download of innovation, which will infuse your life with new interest and excitement. Now is a time when you can get out of your ruts and old ways of doing things and experience a sense of renovation in your spirit, soul, and body. Be refreshed and renewed, says the Lord. Job 29:20 My glory is fresh within me, and my bow is renewed in my hand.

Take time to reconnect with some of those that you have lost touch with. I will lead you by way of remembrance and give you a desire to communicate. You can now bridge the gap that has been created through time and circumstances. Don't be afraid to let others know that you care about them, says the Lord. Philippians 4:10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity.

Embrace all that brings life and awakens you from spiritual slumber. I have given you the grace to endure difficulties and uncertainty, but much of what has burdened you is coming to an end and will give way to a season that can bring great joy and peace. However, you must let go of any grief that has prevailed or set a tone in your life. Let Me lift you up, says the Lord. Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

As new experiences come your way, use your discernment to separate out what is good for you from what is not. You cannot allow curiosity and a desire to experience new things to lead you astray. What is good for you is being in the flow of My Spirit as you establish yourself in divine order. Only then can you fulfill your purpose according to My perfect plan, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

Resist the temptation to follow distractions that lead you away from Me. Not everything that is a diversion from what is normal for you is a distraction. You will have to evaluate whether or not you are getting further away from relationship with Me or coming closer as a result of your activities. Let Me lead you in the way you should go, and you will be spiritually strengthened, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Spirit of the Lord shouting, and He says, arise My people to the place of victory. For, victory has been written on your behalf and the scriptures cannot be broken. Go forth in this confidence, this willingness of spirit, that I bring to you and put upon you in such power that you know that you have the glory of victory. I always, always lead you in to a place of triumph, and wherever you go you will diffuse My fragrance, and it will linger as a declaration against the enemy. Enjoy this journey. Fight the good fight of faith. Win!

I've Been Touched by Virginia Santoro
In the deepest depths and the farthest corners,
I've been touched.
No stone was left unturned,
not an inch spared the burn...
of Spirit moving through me,
for I've been touched.
With faith I sought relief,
from every pain and grief.
God listened as I prayed,
and sent His angels to show the way.
I gently lay down in the Spirit.
With no resistance, I fell in It...
and so it is that I was touched.
No one can ever conceive
the healing I've received,
unless, until the day ~
when they will also say...
Thank you, Lord...
for I've been touched.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I want to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And by the grace of God, I am what I am.
--John Newton

You have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works (James 2:18).

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ has also forgiven you (Ephesians 4:32).

Forgive your brother from your heart (Matthew 18:35 NIV).

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor (Romans 12:10).

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise Him..." Exodus 15:2

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but would live for eternity with Him in Paradise.”

This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it - the LORD is his name. "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:2-3

Excuses Author Unknown
"I'm not perfect."
"I have all kinds of problems."
"I don't know the Bible well enough."
"I have no ability. I don't have any gifts."
"I'm limited."
"I'm just not worthy..."
Well, did you know that....
Moses stuttered.
David's armor didn't fit.
John Mark deserted Paul.
Timothy had ulcers.
Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
Amos' only training was in fig-tree pruning.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a persecutor of the church.
Moses was a murderer.
Jonah ran from God's will.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse?
So did Peter, Paul - well, lots of folks did.
God doesn't require an interview for salvation. He's our Heavenly Father. He doesn't check our bank statement or credit rating or our IQ before He uses us. He's not prejudiced or partial, not judging, grudging, not deaf to our cry, not blind to our need. He knows who we are and what we are and loves us in spite of ourselves.
Satan says, "You're not worthy"
Jesus says, "So what? I am!"
Satan looks back and sees our mistakes.
God looks back and sees the cross.
There are lots of reasons why God shouldn't call us. But if we are in love with Him, if we hunger for Him, He'll use us in spite of who we are, where we've been, what we have done, or the fact that we are not perfect!
Jesus says, "Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you will find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; For every one that asks will receive; and he that seeks will find; and to him that knocks it shall be opened" (Matthew 7:7-8)

Lord, thank you for the reassurance of your presence and the strength it gives us. Like David, we offer our praise to you this day. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 20
Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir Defeated
1 It happened after this that the people of Moab with the people of Ammon, and others with them besides the Ammonites, came to battle against Jehoshaphat. 2 Then some came and told Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Hazazon Tamar” (which is En Gedi). 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. 4 So Judah gathered together to ask help from the Lord; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord. 5 Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the Lord, before the new court, 6 and said: “O Lord God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You? 7 Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever? 8 And they dwell in it, and have built You a sanctuary in it for Your name, saying, 9 ‘If disaster comes upon us—sword, judgment, pestilence, or famine—we will stand before this temple and in Your presence (for Your name is in this temple), and cry out to You in our affliction, and You will hear and save.’ 10 And now, here are the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir—whom You would not let Israel invade when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them and did not destroy them— 11 here they are, rewarding us by coming to throw us out of Your possession which You have given us to inherit. 12 O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.” 13 Now all Judah, with their little ones, their wives, and their children, stood before the Lord. 14 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.” 18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord. 19 Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high. 20 So they rose early in the morning and went out into the Wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.” 21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: “Praise the Lord, For His mercy endures forever.” 22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 23 For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another. 24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped. 25 When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away their spoil, they found among them an abundance of valuables on the dead bodies, and precious jewelry, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away; and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much. 26 And on the fourth day they assembled in the Valley of Berachah, for there they blessed the Lord; therefore the name of that place was called The Valley of Berachah until this day. 27 Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat in front of them, to go back to Jerusalem with joy, for the Lord had made them rejoice over their enemies. 28 So they came to Jerusalem, with stringed instruments and harps and trumpets, to the house of the Lord. 29 And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of those countries when they heard that the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel. 30 Then the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet, for his God gave him rest all around.
The End of Jehoshaphat’s Reign
31 So Jehoshaphat was king over Judah. He was thirty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-five years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi. 32 And he walked in the way of his father Asa, and did not turn aside from it, doing what was right in the sight of the Lord. 33 Nevertheless the high places were not taken away, for as yet the people had not directed their hearts to the God of their fathers. 34 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, indeed they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, which is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel. 35 After this Jehoshaphat king of Judah allied himself with Ahaziah king of Israel, who acted very wickedly. 36 And he allied himself with him to make ships to go to Tarshish, and they made the ships in Ezion Geber. 37 But Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, “Because you have allied yourself with Ahaziah, the Lord has destroyed your works.” Then the ships were wrecked, so that they were not able to go to Tarshish.

Dear Heavenly Father, let us not become lazy or too busy to spend time with You, in prayer, Bible reading and meditation. In Jesus’ Mighty Name, AMEN!

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply