Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/26

"God-centered thinking does not deny the reality of our present situation, but it does put things into eternal perspective. Seen in the light of God's awesome power and eternal faithfulness, the challenges we face no longer intimidate us. With God's help we will overcome." --Richard Exley

Like a loving parent, God cares for us unfailingly throughout our lives.

We are always in God’s care.

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself. --A. W. Tozer

It is amazing how clear things become when we are still before Him, not complaining, not insisting on quick answers, only seeking to hear His Word in the stillness, and to see things in His light. --Elisabeth Elliot

Lift up your eyes. Your heavenly Father waits to bless you—in inconceivable ways to make your life what you never dreamed it could be. --Anne Ortlund

"The key to living a contented life is to allow the Lord to "tune" your emotions until they are "pitched" to His perfect will. Ask Him to help you to base your emotions on who He is -- His immutable character, His faithfulness -- rather than on your circumstances." --Richard Exley

It's Little, but Guess What? by Sally I. Kennedy
Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2
Capture.. rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians10:5
"Get it!," I squealed from the back room. My husband came in, glanced at the insect, and said, "You want me to get that? It's so little!"
Yes, it was little, but guess what? It would grow, and when it did then I would have to deal with it big.
The saying 'my mind is out to get me' can be so very true at times. When there is a small not-good-thing in my head it's best to nip it in the bud, otherwise.. guess what? It grows, too. Yup, it would grow, and somewhere down the road I would have to deal with it big.
Many times I don't even notice when I am harboring a judgmental attitude or holding onto an offense. It takes the Holy Spirit to get my attention and say basically- Hey, don't let this tiny seed fester in you! 'Cause guess what? The enemy of our souls will in time help it balloon up.
I surely don't want an offense, that I'm holding onto, to grow into a root of bitterness. The bug episode was a little reminder to me about how I need to watch myself and 1) make sure that small things, like irritations and grudges, get taken care of while they're small 2) put on my spiritual armor (Ephesians 6:11-18) daily and 3) every single morning make the decision to love and forgive.

No Place for Fear by Harvest Ministries
So He said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" —Matthew 14:29–30
Peter was willing to put it all on the line. He and the other disciples had been straining against the waves and wind all night long when Jesus appeared to them, walking on the water. Wanting to prove his courage to Jesus, he made an amazing statement: "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water" (Matthew 14:28). These were rough seas, and Peter was willing to literally step onto them because He was looking at Jesus. That gave him confidence and courage.
It went well for awhile until Peter started to sink. And why did he sink? Because he took his eyes off Jesus and put them on other things. The Bible tells us, "When he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid" (verse 30).
Circumstances can be frightening. When your boss calls you in and tells you the company has to downsize and they are letting you go, when the doctor calls you with the test results that are not good, when you open that letter from an attorney that says you are being sued, it can scare you. It can devastate you. And it can cause you to take your eyes off Jesus.
Where fear reigns, faith is driven away. But where faith reigns, fear has no place. Faith and fear don't mix. As you bring in faith, fear will walk out the back door. But if you invite fear as a resident in your life, then you will drive faith away.
Peter had faith. He had his eyes on Jesus. He was doing the impossible. But then he started to sink, because he took his eyes off Jesus. In his case, he looked at the wind. In our case, it might be something else. But when we forget God, we will start to sink.

Give From What You Are Given by Katherine Walden
Mark 12: 42 - 44 ESV:
And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”
As a child, I gave my mother a beautiful bouquet of bright yellow flowers every year. Every year, she would put them in a little glass by the kitchen sink. “So I can look at them when I’m washing dishes.” She’d say. With a sense of pride, I would watch her arrange them in an old glass set aside for such bouquets. I was happy to see the smile on my mother’s face.
Across North America, countless mothers receive similar bouquets of weeds from their preschoolers. Although the sight of a yard full of dandelions is dismaying to most adults, the same yard is a never-ending supply of riches to a child. The bright, sunny petals are a delight to any child’s eye. Moreover, most mothers find as much joy in a drooping bouquet made up of flowering weeds carried in the clutched fist of their toddler as a dozen roses delivered by the local flower shop.
So it is with our Heavenly Father. Are you reluctant to present a gift to God or man because you consider it unworthy? Have you held back from placing your offering at his feet because you compare your gift to the gifts that others have already laid there? Have you stopped short of responding to a call for help, even as your heart pounded and you were sure your pastor was looking right at you when he asked for volunteers for a church project? Have you kept your tongue when the Holy Spirit prompted you to share with another believer, out of the fear of messing things up?
Step out and watch how the Lord works through the weak and the lowly. He loves to take the gifts we give him, empowering us with His strength, and transforming our gift with His light. All the Lord asks of us is that we give him our hearts, walk in obedience and trust. He will never reject a gift given to him from a child-like heart.

Never Forgotten by The Vine
Seeing them distressed in rowing, for the wind was contrary to them, about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea, and he would have passed by them. - Mark 6:48
It was a long night for the storm-driven disciples; they were in great distress. But Jesus was only trying them. He saw their struggle and danger. He prayed for them. Then finally, He came to rescue them.
It is the same in every Christian's life. Sometimes Christ seems to have abandoned His people. For a long while they are left to struggle alone and to be driven back by the wind. They call and get no answer. The night wears away and it is almost morning. Then finally He comes.
When people are in trouble of any kind they are like the disciples that night out in the middle of the sea. No human aid can reach them. Our friends eagerly want to help and offer sympathy and a friendly ear. Still in times like those the most helpful of us are like people standing on the shore of a dark and stormy sea while our friends are far out in the storm. We cannot go to help them. Our little boats cannot ride the tossing waves.
Thus it is in all life's deep needs. It is in such hours that we realize the blessedness of Christ's power to help. He can go out on any wave, into the wildest sea, to reach those who are driven and tossed. He can carry help to all who are troubled. He can comfort in any sorrow and give victory in any conflict.

"The wall you built has cracks in it" By Bob Perks
I've done it myself. Maybe you have, too.
In an effort to separate ourselves from life for whatever reason, we attempt to build walls.
These walls are made up of excuses, lies, and denial. Like the ostrich we think by burying our heads in the ground no one can see us.
Life starts closing in on us and instead of pushing back we begin to limit ourselves.
The barrier may begin with a refusal to participate in something. A family party, a gathering of friends. We shut the door and lie to ourselves thinking no one cares.
"I won't be missed. They don't need me there."
Then it begins to show at work. We produce less, expect nothing and get nothing in return.
We see it as life punishing us and why shouldn't it. We are simply not worthy of it. Or so the lie goes.
Layer by layer, piece by piece we dig deeper, build higher until we have completely removed ourselves.
Then while inside this invisible wall we have created we begin to blame others for shutting us out. The perceived darkness comes not from the lack of light, but the self induced blindness created by denial.
You begin to believe "There's no way out!" "There's no way in."
But you're wrong.
There isn't a fortress, there isn't a barrier, there isn't a negative thought, action or ideal that God can't break through.
Like a leaky basement, a house built of brick, or grave you have mentally dug for yourself, there is always a way.
It begins with a note from a friend. A knock on your door, a spoken word overheard that grabs your attention and pierces your heart.
An email from someone arriving right just as you think you have sealed off the world completely suddenly shakes the very foundation.
In the once stuffy confines you suddenly and dramatically feel a breath of fresh air. There's someone pounding on the walls relentlessly because they know you're in there and they won't stop until you come out.
Why? Because love penetrates all. It softens the hardest hearts. It soothes the most painful loss. It extinguishes the fires of loneliness and surrounds you like a blanket on a cold night.
Buried deep in doubt and depression it takes awhile for your eyes to adjust to the brightness and beauty of the day until the very moment when you look around and realize how very much you are needed and the world does indeed have a place for you in it.
If you shut yourself off. God will break through. He sent me to today just to say "I love you."

God Is! Author Unknown
God is Lord Almighty, Omnipotent King, Lion of Judah, Rock of Ages, Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Provider, Protector, Paternal, Leader, Ruling Lord and Reigning King Of all the universe.
He is Father, He is Helper, He is Guardian, and He is God. He is the First and the Last, The beginning and the end, He is the Keeper of Creation and Creator of all He keeps; The Architect of the universe and manager of all times. He always was, He always is, and always will be... unmoved, unchanged, undefeated, and never undone.
He was bruised and brought healing. He was pierced and eased pain. He was persecuted and brought freedom. He was dead and brought life. He is risen and brings power. He reigns and brings peace.
He is Light, Love, Longevity and Lord. He is goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God He is Holy, Righteous, Mighty, Powerful and Pure. His ways are right, His word is eternal, His will is unchanging, and His mind is on Me!
He is my Savior, He is my Guide, He is my Peace, He is my Joy, He is my Comfort. He is my Lord and He rules my life.
I serve Him because He is God and is worthy to be served. His bond is love, His burden is light, and His goal for me is abundant life.
I follow Him because He is THE wisdom, THE power of the powerful, THE ancient of days, THE ruler of rulers, THE leader of leaders, THE overseer of overcomers, And sovereign Lord of all that was and is and is to come.
Now if that seems impressive to you, try this on for size. His goal is a relationship with ME!
He will never leave me, never forsake me, never mislead me, never forget me, never overlook me, and never cancel my appointment in His appointment book!
When I fall, He lifts me up.
When I fail, He forgives.
When I am weak, He is strong.
When I am lost, He is the way.
When I am afraid, He is my courage.
When I stumble, He steadies me.
When I am hurt, He heals me.
When I am broken, He mends me.
When I am blind, He leads me.
When I am hungry, He feeds me.
When I face trials, He is with me.
When I face persecution, He shields me.
When I face problems, He is the answer
When I face loss, He provides for me.
When I face death, HE carries me Home!
He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time, and every way.
He is God, He is faithful and true,
I am His and He is mine.
My Father in Heaven has already defeated the father of this world, and so if your asking why I stand and feel so secure, understand this; He said it, and that settles it.
God is in control, I am on his side, and that means all is well with my soul.
Everyday is a blessing for...... GOD IS !

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You are on a path that is unfamiliar and at times seems very precarious, but you must not be afraid. I am leading you and directing your steps. Open your eyes and see how far you have come. Don't stop here, for you still have a ways to go. The path is narrowing and demands more of you than you thought you could possibly endure. But, with Me all things are possible, says the Lord. Keep pressing on. Psalms 18:33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.

Plant yourself firmly in the strength of My Word, and digest the truth as nourishment to your spirit and not something that your flesh can argue against. Rise up in the power that I have provided and given to you to overcome all the works of the enemy. You, My beloved, are not without help, for I am with you to bring you to perfection. You are My prized possession and an example of holy redemption, says the Lord. Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

This is a season when you can try new things that will broaden your horizons. However, you need to make sure that you stay in the flow of the Spirit. Otherwise, you could overextend yourself and take on more than you can effectively handle. You will need to evaluate and discern what is appropriate for you and set the necessary boundaries, says the Lord. The decisions you make will either bring greater freedom or create unnecessary bondage. Choose wisely. Psalms 65:4 Blessed is the man You choose, and cause to approach You, that he may dwell in Your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, ff Your holy temple.

Sin brings darkness to your soul and spirit as well as to your environment. It is never too late to repent and be forgiven. Then, you must rise up out of the darkness into the light of My presence and into new life--life in the Spirit. And, establish peace and light in your environment, says the Lord. John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Beloved, be very deliberate in your walk with Me, says the Lord. You can't rush through your religious duty and establish your part of our relationship. The value you place on knowing and loving Me must take priority and requires constant awareness and care. Believe My great love for you. Allow My love to penetrate even the deepest darkness and greatest despair. Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Come into peace. There are many things that require your attention and capture your emotions, but all of these things serve to bring stress to yourself and your environment. Stop where you are and reconnect with Me spiritually. Align yourself with My strength, wisdom and intentions. Let My presence wash over you like warm oil and rest. I am with you, says the Lord. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy!’

You, My beloved, are on the cusp of breaking through into a new season. You have been tested and tried beyond what you would have believed you could endure, and the result has been a radical circumcision of the heart. Your flesh is being cut away so that you can move with inward purity to be one with Me, says the Lord. Those who continue to live in the power of My Spirit will be made strong and will stand fast. Those who can't go forward will go back to an outward form of religion. Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come up in the Spirit to the heavenly realm; this high and lofty place, the place where wisdom, knowledge, and information is boundless and where the secrets of the Most High are revealed--this place where the door into the valley of vision is opened unto you. Come My people; come to this place. That invitation is for you each and every day. So why the hesitation, why the waiting? The door is open. When I open a door no man can shut it, nor can any devil. But, the call must be answered. Come, and I will show you the things that are necessary for you to know. I will show you things to come, for I am the God of revelation. I am the revealer of all things. Those things that have been held in your hearts as mysteries you can know the answers to if you come. Your purpose can be defined. Your path and your journey can be established. Your potential can be reached, but only in this place of the manifest presence of the glory of the Most High. So come. I'm waiting. Come!

My Hope by Nancy Burr
God gives me hope through the hardest of times,
Wherever I am on me His love shines.
I may think for a moment that things won’t work out,
Then my heart fills with joy and praises I shout.
He won’t let me down; I’m safe in his arms.
No matter the storm He’ll keep me from harm.
Doubt and confusion may cloud up my mind,
But God takes my fears and hope I do find.
He gives me meaning and makes my skies blue,
When I feel Him with me my heart feels so new.
He washes away all my doubt and my fears,
And then wipes away all my sad tears.
God gives me joy and fills me with hope,
Even on those days when I just can’t cope.
He said that He’d always be by my side,
And when I feel down in His arms I can hide.
So next to my Father is where I will stay,
I feel so safe; I will not run away.
I’ll call on my God in good times and bad,
And He’ll fill me up even when I am sad.
God gives me hope and He takes my sad frown,
He’ll never leave me; He won’t let me down.
So although my life may seem hard right now,
My Jesus will get me though it somehow.

I'll Get You Through by Nancy Burr
Sitting alone one morning after my children left for school I was exhausted and depressed. I didn’t feel like reading my
Bible and I certainly didn’t feel like praying. I just sat and felt numb. As I sat there though I felt someone there with me. I knew it was God so cried out to Him and this is what I felt and heard Him saying back to me.
I feel so weak and I’m giving up.
I won’t let you give up.
I just can’t go on.
I’ll make you strong.
I am so afraid.
With you I have stayed.
I just want to cry.
Your eyes I will dry.
I’m doubting again.
I’ll take all your pain.
Your joy I don’t feel.
You’re heart I will heal.
But sadness fills me.
Get down on your knee.
I have no words.
Your heart can be heard.
I don’t know how!
Sit quiet right now.
I’m pushing away.
Please try my way.
Please Jesus stay near.
Yes child, I’m here.
I feel you with me!
I’m setting you free!
I know that you are.
I’m taking your scar.
My burdens feel lighter.
Things will be brighter.
My heart feels brand new.
I’m helping you through.
You didn’t let me give up!
I won’t let you give up!
When you’re feeling down,
I’ll take your sad frown.
And when you can’t cope,
I’ll fill you with hope.
When you're filled with fear,
Just reach out, I’m here.
I’ll get you through,
Cause Child I love you!

Do Not Grieve the Spirit
25 Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:25-32

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.
22 Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” Acts 17:22-31

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! 2 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works! 3 Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! 4 Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! Psalm 105:1-4

Do Not Love the World
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” 13 So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm. Joel 2:12-13

New Creatures Author Unknown
After seeing all the coverage for the birth of the "royal baby", I was reminded of a story I read years ago about Queen Victoria's visit to a local paper mill.
"Queen Victoria once paid a visit to a paper mill. Without knowing who this distinguished visitor was, the foreman showed her the workings of the mill. She went into the rag-sorting shop where employees picked out the rags from the refuse of the city. Upon inquiring what was done with this dirty mass of rags, she was told that it would eventually be made into the finest white writing paper. After her departure, the foreman found out who it was that had paid the visit.
Some time later, Her Majesty received a package of the most delicate, pure white stationery, bearing the Queen's likeness for a watermark. Enclosed was a note saying that the stationery had been made from the dirty rags she had recently inspected."
This story illustrates Christ's work in us as well. He takes us, filthy as we are, and makes us into new creatures. After receiving Jesus, we are spiritually different from what we were before, just as pure white paper is radically different from the filthy rags from which it is made.
"Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away. Behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Mighty God, remind us of your power even when we do not see it. Help us to live up to your plans and purposes for us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 9
1 So all Israel was recorded by genealogies, and indeed, they were inscribed in the book of the kings of Israel. But Judah was carried away captive to Babylon because of their unfaithfulness. 2 And the first inhabitants who dwelt in their possessions in their cities were Israelites, priests, Levites, and the Nethinim.
Dwellers in Jerusalem
3 Now in Jerusalem the children of Judah dwelt, and some of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim and Manasseh: 4 Uthai the son of Ammihud, the son of Omri, the son of Imri, the son of Bani, of the descendants of Perez, the son of Judah. 5 Of the Shilonites: Asaiah the firstborn and his sons. 6 Of the sons of Zerah: Jeuel, and their brethren—six hundred and ninety. 7 Of the sons of Benjamin: Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hassenuah; 8 Ibneiah the son of Jeroham; Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri; Meshullam the son of Shephatiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah; 9 and their brethren, according to their generations—nine hundred and fifty-six. All these men were heads of a father’s house in their fathers’ houses.
The Priests at Jerusalem
10 Of the priests: Jedaiah, Jehoiarib, and Jachin; 11 Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the officer over the house of God; 12 Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchijah; Maasai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer; 13 and their brethren, heads of their fathers’ houses—one thousand seven hundred and sixty. They were very able men for the work of the service of the house of God.
The Levites at Jerusalem
14 Of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari; 15 Bakbakkar, Heresh, Galal, and Mattaniah the son of Micah, the son of Zichri, the son of Asaph; 16 Obadiah the son of Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun; and Berechiah the son of Asa, the son of Elkanah, who lived in the villages of the Netophathites.
The Levite Gatekeepers
17 And the gatekeepers were Shallum, Akkub, Talmon, Ahiman, and their brethren. Shallum was the chief. 18 Until then they had been gatekeepers for the camps of the children of Levi at the King’s Gate on the east. 19 Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his brethren, from his father’s house, the Korahites, were in charge of the work of the service, gatekeepers of the tabernacle. Their fathers had been keepers of the entrance to the camp of the Lord. 20 And Phinehas the son of Eleazar had been the officer over them in time past; the Lord was with him. 21 Zechariah the son of Meshelemiah was keeper of the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 22 All those chosen as gatekeepers were two hundred and twelve. They were recorded by their genealogy, in their villages. David and Samuel the seer had appointed them to their trusted office. 23 So they and their children were in charge of the gates of the house of the Lord, the house of the tabernacle, by assignment. 24 The gatekeepers were assigned to the four directions: the east, west, north, and south. 25 And their brethren in their villages had to come with them from time to time for seven days. 26 For in this trusted office were four chief gatekeepers; they were Levites. And they had charge over the chambers and treasuries of the house of God. 27 And they lodged all around the house of God because they had the responsibility, and they were in charge of opening it every morning.
Other Levite Responsibilities
28 Now some of them were in charge of the serving vessels, for they brought them in and took them out by count. 29 Some of them were appointed over the furnishings and over all the implements of the sanctuary, and over the fine flour and the wine and the oil and the incense and the spices. 30 And some of the sons of the priests made the ointment of the spices. 31 Mattithiah of the Levites, the firstborn of Shallum the Korahite, had the trusted office over the things that were baked in the pans. 32 And some of their brethren of the sons of the Kohathites were in charge of preparing the showbread for every Sabbath. 33 These are the singers, heads of the fathers’ houses of the Levites, who lodged in the chambers, and were free from other duties; for they were employed in that work day and night. 34 These heads of the fathers’ houses of the Levites were heads throughout their generations. They dwelt at Jerusalem.
The Family of King Saul
35 Jeiel the father of Gibeon, whose wife’s name was Maacah, dwelt at Gibeon. 36 His firstborn son was Abdon, then Zur, Kish, Baal, Ner, Nadab, 37 Gedor, Ahio, Zechariah, and Mikloth. 38 And Mikloth begot Shimeam. They also dwelt alongside their relatives in Jerusalem, with their brethren. 39 Ner begot Kish, Kish begot Saul, and Saul begot Jonathan, Malchishua, Abinadab, and Esh-Baal. 40 The son of Jonathan was Merib-Baal, and Merib-Baal begot Micah. 41 The sons of Micah were Pithon, Melech, Tahrea, and Ahaz. 42 And Ahaz begot Jarah; Jarah begot Alemeth, Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begot Moza; 43 Moza begot Binea, Rephaiah his son, Eleasah his son, and Azel his son. 44 And Azel had six sons whose names were these: Azrikam, Bocheru, Ishmael, Sheariah, Obadiah, and Hanan; these were the sons of Azel.

Dear God, giver of all good gifts, help us to embrace the work you have given us to do. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply