Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2022, 09:50 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Starting Over

No one ever plans on ending up in recovery, and how I ended up in recovery still remains a mystery to me. The only thing I'm sure of is that this wasn't my idea because I really did want to be here, and none of us ever do. We're all here for some unknown reason and for all the different reasons that I've come up with trying to have this make sense I still haven't been able to really know why so many other people who are just like me will never even get the same chance as I did to be to in recovery that I have. With all this being said, I still know that I played a role in me being here in recovery, and maybe this was because I really wanted to start my life over, and even though not all of me want to, but there was still a part of me that did, and knew I needed to. What I heard that helped me the most was that I could try recovery with very little effort on my part, and that all I really needed to begin was to be willing to look at recovery with my mind open, and this much I could do, with very little effort, if I really wanted to, and I did. What happened to me after I did this to this day I still don't know, and this is the greatest mystery of my life. I'll never be able to explain what happened to me, and all I know is that I've been able to live in recovery ever since I did this, and this much I do know this wasn't me that brought all of this about. I'm glad today to be able to know and accept this, that it wasn't me. That something else has done this for me, and all I had to do was to follow along, and much I have done, and I'm very grateful to have been one of the ones that could, because not all of us who get this chance will.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply