Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - December 11

"Begin at once; before you venture away from this quiet moment, ask your King to take you wholly into His service, and place all the hours of the day quite simply at His disposal, and ask Him to make and keep you ready to do just exactly what He appoints. Never mind about tomorrow; one day at a time is enough. Try it today, and see if it is not a day of strange, almost curious peace, so sweet that you will be only too thankful when tomorrow comes to ask Him to take it also." - Francis Ridley Havergal

An essential part of the journey to holiness is bringing our frenetic activity on God’s behalf to a halt, and opening up time for Him to act directly. -- Christopher Webb

The fact that Jesus never changes gives me a certain stability to my life that keeps me from capsizing even when trouble is crashing over me, even when life doesn’t turn out the way I think it should. --Rocky Henriques

J O Y—What Does It Stand For?
Here’s another take the word JOY as an acronym:
Many people have heard that JOY means Jesus first, Others, next, and Yourself last. But in a Christmas sermon in 1998, Pastor Phil Toole of Mountain Valley Community Church of Scottsdale, Arizona, put it different.
Jesus
O
You
“The ‘J’ stands for Jesus,” said Pastor Toole. “The ‘Y’ stands for you. Do you know what the ‘O’ stands for? It stands for zero. Just what it says—nothing. What I’m saying here is the way to stay close to Jesus and keep joy in your heart is to let nothing between Jesus and you.” --Robert J. Morgan

You have everything you need in Christ Jesus.

When things don’t turn out the way we plan, we can become frustrated and scared. But if we devote ourselves to living faithfully, acknowledging that God is with us, we will be uplifted and strengthened. God’s care for us is real and everlasting in any circumstance life brings. God can bring new life out of any situation.

The more we pray, the easier it becomes to open our souls to God. We can trust the Lord with our secrets, our pain, and our shame. God loves us more than anyone else ever has or ever will. God is always ready for a conversation with us.

No matter what life hands us, we can stay strong in our faith and never forget that God is with us.

When we find ourselves in situations that threaten our physical, spiritual, or emotional well-being, we can be tempted to despair. If we’re not careful, we can miss the help God is sending our way. A timely message, a scripture verse, someone to listen, the prayers of a friend — even the outstretched arm of a friend to pull us out of the water — are just a few of the ways God can come to our aid. We can call on God for help when we feel powerless.

Christmas Love by Candy Chand
Each December, I vowed to make Christmas a calm and peaceful experience. I had cut back on nonessential obligations - extensive card writing, endless baking, decorating, and even overspending. Yet still, I found myself exhausted, unable to appreciate the precious family moments, and of course, the true meaning of Christmas.
My son, Nicholas, was in kindergarten that year. It was an exciting season for a six year old. For weeks, he'd been memorizing songs for his school's "Winter Pageant." I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd be working the night of the production.
Unwilling to miss his shining moment, I spoke with his teacher. She assured me there would be a dress rehearsal the morning of the presentation. All parents unable to attend that evening were welcome to come then.Fortunately, Nicholas seemed happy with the compromise.
So, the morning of the dress rehearsal, I filed in 10 minutes early, found a spot on the cafeteria floor and sat down. Around the room, I saw several other parents quietly scampering to their seats. As I waited, the students were led into the room. Each class, accompanied by their teacher, sat cross-legged on the floor. Then, each group, one by one, rose to perform their song.
Because the public school system had long stopped referring to the holiday as "Christmas", I didn't expect anything other than fun, commercial entertainment - songs of reindeer, Santa Claus, snowflakes and good cheer. So, when my son's class rose to sing, "Christmas Love", I was slightly taken aback by its bold title. Nicholas was aglow, as were all of his classmates, adorned in fuzzy mittens, red sweaters, and bright snowcaps upon their heads. Those in the front row - center stage - held up large letters, one by one, to spell out the title of the song.
As the class would sing "C is for Christmas", a child would hold up the letter C. Then, "H is for Happy", and on and on, until each child holding up his portion had presented the complete message, "Christmas Love".
The performance was going smoothly, until suddenly, we noticed her - a small, quiet, girl in the front row holding the letter "M" upside down - totally unaware her letter "M" appeared as a "W". Fidgeting from side to side, she soon moved entirely away from her mark.
The audience of 1st through 6th graders snickered at this little one's mistake. But she had no idea they were laughing at her, so she stood tall, proudly holding her "W".
Although many teachers tried to shush the children, the laughter continued until the last letter was raised, and we all saw it together. A hush came over the audience and eyes began to widen. In that instant, we understood - the reason we were there, why we celebrated the holiday in the first place, why even in the chaos, there was a purpose for our festivities.
For when the last letter was held high, the message read loud and clear: CHRIST WAS LOVE.
And, I believe, He still is.

Pray Constantly by Martin B. Copenhaver
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing."- 1 Thessalonians 5:16
In order to "pray without ceasing," as the Apostle Paul urges, it is not enough to set aside time to pray. In order to pray constantly, prayer has to be something other than an isolated activity. It has to be woven into the fabric of your life.
Jimmy Carter once estimated that he prays a hundred times a day. I imagine that few of those prayers are with eyes closed and that few begin with, "Dear God," and end with, "Amen." Rather, I imagine that his life and his prayers are so interwoven that you cannot separate the two.
This is what a day of praying without ceasing might look like: You wake up in the morning and, with God, you think about what awaits you in the day ahead. You pre-live the day as a kind of prayer. At the breakfast table, you open up the newspaper—another day of horrific stories of violence and disaster—and, as you read, you simply think, "God, be in that place, be with those people." You get in your car and the traffic is terrible, so you say to God, "The traffic…" and you don't need to say any more because God knows that the way that sentence ends is, "and the traffic always makes me tense, because I hate to be late." When you arrive, there is a message from your mother. She sounds more confused than ever, so before you pick up the phone you say to yourself, "God, you've got to help me here." And on like that through the day.
Prayer: Dear One, accompany me through my day. Be with me constantly, as I seek to be constantly aware of you. Amen.

Enduring Every Season: Embracing the Rhythms of Life by Karla Brogen
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart (Hebrews 12:1-3).
To endure is a phrase that quickly conjures up many memories for most people. Some memories bring a quirky smile, others bring recollection of an uneventful season of travel, or other life events. We learn to endure grandma’s fruitcake; we are enduring the process of potty training a child; we endure an unwanted move, we endure the situation of friendship that goes sour; we endure a church business meeting; we endure cold weather that makes our joints ache; we endure a tragic loss.
To endure . . . Hebrews 12:1-3 speaks to us about endurance. Jesus endured for us; He endured for me. He did it because He set His gaze on the goal and not on the moment. He knew the path that He must travel was broken and painful, yet He traveled onward anyway. He endured so that He might be not only our salvation, but also to leave a legacy for others to follow—forever pointing people to salvation.
Let’s take a moment to dissect the Word to gain wisdom from Jesus’ example of endurance.
“. . . let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles us . . . ”
Throw is an action verb. It’s not casual or happenstance; no, it is a verb of undeniable quick action. Everything that hinders us from achieving our goal of closeness with the Father must be thrown off. Second Timothy 3:22-23 states it like this, “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.”
“. . . let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
This piece of instruction toward gaining endurance also has a strong action verb—run. Just because I am moving doesn’t mean that I am running. I walk everywhere I go. This is the speed my life typically takes. I walk through the house. I walk into church. I walk through the grocery store. Any shoes in my closet will equip my feet for walking. If I am going to run, I have to decide to do that intententionally. I have to be purposeful. I have to set my mind on running because it isn’t my normal flow of pace. The author of Hebrews tells us to “run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” This requires an endurance that comes through sanctification and training. Victory is only achieved by thorough preparation and intentional actions.
“. . . fix our eyes on Jesus . . .”
Another action verb—fix. For my eyes to be fixed on something, logic tells me they will be neglecting something else. So many things vie for the attention of our fixed gaze. If we are not careful, we will let schedules and the business of life unintentionally take precedent and control of our gaze. Psalm 119:37, “Turn my eyes away from worthless things, preserve my life according to your word.” When our eyes are fixed on the One we desire to lead our life, we will respond differently.
Do you wonder how Jesus accomplished all that He did? He walked the earth in flesh just like we do. People demanded so much from Him and had unrealistic expectations of Him. Repeatedly, He would slip away from the crowds to pray, but people would find Him and interrupt Him. He knew the agony that awaited Him. In the garden, He could not even depend on his closest friends to pray with Him. So how did He endure?
“ . . . for the joy set before him endured the cross . . . “
He was able to endure because He didn’t fix His eyes on the situation, He fixed His eyes on eternity. He endured because He did everything intentionally; He ran to the will of the Father, not away from it. He endured because He threw off the opinions of others (see verse 3, “opposition from sinners”).
He gives us a perfect example of how to endure whatever this world throws our way. He marks that path to show us how to “ . . . not grow weary and lose heart.”
Let God allow that path you travel on to point others to Him by your example of endurance. Whatever season of life you are in, follow the example of Jesus—endure.

Share With Others and Lend Helping Hands by Gregory Lang
Share you heart, counsel, and time.
Share more than just your things, but also your heart, counsel, and time. When you do, you’ll enjoy everything more, and so will everyone else. The resources God has entrusted to you should be used in a manner that pleases him.
Share them with those having fewer resources but greater needs. Your free and cheerful giving of God’s gifts will indeed lead to your blessing. Share with others.
All the believers were together and shared everything. They would sell their land and the things they owned and then divide the money and give it to anyone who needed it. The believers met together in the Temple every day. They ate together in their homes, happy to share their food with joyful hearts. — Acts 2:44-46
The group of believers were united in their hearts and spirit. All those in the group acted as though their private property belonged to everyone in the group. In fact, they shared everything. — Acts 4:32
You are rich in everything — in faith, in speaking, in knowledge, in truly wanting to help, and in the love you learned from us. In the same way, be strong also in the grace of giving. — 2 Corinthians 8:7
Lend Helping Hands
Honest labor is the best remedy for a dishonest life. Every man is to work so that he might provide for himself and be able to help others. To do something for someone in need is pleasing to Christ. When you do, your faith will grow and be witnessed by many. That pleases Christ too. Lend helping hands.
Share with God’s people who need help. Bring strangers in need into your homes. — Romans 12:13
Each of you should give as you have decided in your heart to give. You should not be sad when you give, and you should not give because you feel forced to give. God loves the person who gives happily. — 2 Corinthians 9:7
Those who are stealing must stop stealing and start working. They should earn an honest living for themselves. Then they will have something to share with those who are poor. — Ephesians 4:28
A brother or sister in Christ might need clothes or food. If you say to that person, “God be with you! I hope you stay warm and get plenty to eat,” but you do not give what that person needs, your words are worth nothing. — James 2:15-16

THE HAND OF GOD by Joseph J. Mazzella
I think that most of us go through our days here with our eyes half-closed because we so seldom see the Hand of God working in our lives. It happens in countless ways every single day.
Let me give you an example. Two years ago several of the Hawaiian shirts that I love to wear had become worn and threadbare. I really wanted some new ones so I saved any extra money I had for several weeks to pay for them. Finally, I headed to my favorite clothing store with a large denomination bill in my wallet to buy them.
When I got to the store I saw a local charity collecting money for the poor. I reached in my wallet for a five dollar bill to help them out. I grabbed it and dropped it in the bucket. As I let go of it, however, I noticed that it wasn’t the five dollar bill but rather the large denomination one that I had saved to pay for my new shirts. I went back home disappointed at my mistake, but I quickly made peace with it. I knew I could wear my old shirts for a while longer and it felt good knowing I was helping to buy food and clothes for people in desperate need.
The next week I stopped by the local Goodwill store to make a donation when I noticed several Hawaiian shirts brightening up the clothing racks. I went through them and picked out enough to last me a long while for a fraction of the price I would have paid for new ones. It made me laugh and smile when I realized that God had given me all I needed and also helped me to help others as well. I thanked Him for guiding my hand and for guiding my heart that day.
It has been said "While we have time, let us do good!" Do all the good you can then in the days you are given here. Give all the help you can. Share all the love you can. Spread all the joy you can. Scatter all the sunshine you can. Utter all the truth you can. And don’t be surprised if the unseen Hand of God sometimes helps you out along the way.

Staying Connected by Os Hillman
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." - Psalm 143:8
Two of the greatest inventions of my time have been the laptop computer and e-mail. The laptop means I no longer have to stay in one place to be productive in my business life. E-mail has allowed me to stay connected to people all around the world with the touch of a button.
My greatest frustration is when either of these does not work. Sometimes e-mail cannot be used because I can't get a connection. Sometimes I cannot use my laptop because I have not properly charged it, and then the charge runs out while I am on an airplane. Both of these situations mean I am unable to tap into the resource that allows me to fulfill my calling in my work to the fullest.
The morning time with God is much like these situations. God pours His Word into my spirit, and I am recharged. This recharging has an important effect on my day. It allows me the greatest opportunity to hear the small voice that directs my steps. If I refuse to "get connected," I risk following my own ways of fulfilling the duties of my day. It sets forth the opportunity for God to speak into my spirit what He desires for me each day. It allows me to focus on God's purposes, not mine.
The only way to know someone is to spend time with him or her. The only way to discern the voice of another is to hear that person's voice. David, the author of this psalm, was a warrior, king, and businessman. He understood this principle of connecting with God in the morning. His morning allowed him to connect with God's love, renew his trust in Him, and hear His directions for his life. Shouldn't you and I do the same?

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
In a vision I saw a very great multitude of broken people, and I could feel God's work of repairing and bringing to perfection each individual who asked Him for help. It was a deep, spiritual work for everyone who made an effort to come into His presence and extend even the smallest amount of faith. It was a profound and abiding work. Powerful! Luke 11:10 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

Put forth every effort to maintain efficacy. There are forces at work to take you off course. You must be awake and have a plan that will keep you from spiritual decline. Stand your ground and refuse to allow the enemy to derail your faith, says the Lord. Set your will to stay focused. 1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

Cast down every thought that rises up to bring you into condemnation, and then position yourself under the protection and strength of spiritual truth. These thoughts against yourself are counterproductive to your spiritual growth and well-being. If there is truly a need to repent do so, but do not allow yourself to get stuck in things of the past. What's done is done, says the Lord. 1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

I am calling to you to be good stewards of what I have put into your hands--all that I have given you responsibility over. Righteousness is of the utmost importance as you handle everything with the understanding that it all belongs to Me, says the Lord. Let integrity be the ruling factor in all of your dealings. 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.

It is time to prioritize again by putting first things first. The most important factor in your life is your spiritual condition--your relationship with Me. Do not neglect, even for a moment, spiritual connection. When you stay connected everything else will fall into place in divine order, says the Lord, because I will lead you and direct your steps. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Be strong. I will lead you through this maze of confusion, for surely the enemy has loosed this turmoil against you. Be calm and quiet. Find the place of peace that passes understanding and do not move from it. It is that peace that will guard your heart and mind. Do nothing apart from My peace. I have set you as light in darkness, and even though the darkness will assault the light you will not be overcome by it. Maintain a position of truth and integrity. Refuse to give in to the temptation to hide your activities under the darkness of questionable motives. Be forthright, honest and open in everything. Let there be honor among My people.

"Thank You, O Lord" by Tammy Boyle 6/28/02
Thank You, O Lord
For Your tender mercies You have graced me
For Your gentle kindness You have shown me
For Your unconditional love You have embraced me
O Lord, as I bow on bended knee
My heart so full of gratitude
I make only one request from You
That You reveal to me Your will for me
That is my one desire, Lord
That I may live each day for You
To give praise and thanks to You
For the many blessings and gifts you have graced me with
Only asking that You reveal to me
How I may use these blessings and gifts to be of service to You
Thank You, O Lord
For loving me
For never giving up on me
For my life that You have given me today
For the hope and promise of eternal life
Thank You, O Lord
I love You

Closer than a touch on your skin,
deeper than a breath you draw in,
stronger than a hurricane wind,
is the dwelling of God within.
--Terri

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9

12 Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. 16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil. 23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-24

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3L12-17

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. - Psalm 46:1

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

"Guidance" Author Unknown
When I meditated on the word "Guidance", I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word "guidance". When I saw "G" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i" - "God" "u" and "i" "dance": God, you and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead. My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you and your family on this day and everyday. May you abide in Him as he abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.
This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached. If God has done anything for you in your life, please share this message with someone else, for prayer is one of the best gifts we can receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards. So let's continue to pray for one another.

Open our Hearts
Lord, as a water lily opens itself to the sun, so may we open our hearts to you, to give you thanks and praise. For like the sun shining down to nurture and give life, so you shine down on us with the light of countless blessings, blessings beyond measure, generous gifts of your love given without conditions, a love that does not count the cost. To all who open their hearts to you you never refuse the gift of your love. May our hearts rejoice in thanking you for the abundant goodness you share with us, for the love you give to all. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Job 34
1 Furthermore Elihu answered and said, 2 Hear my words, O ye wise men; and give ear unto me, ye that have knowledge. 3 For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat. 4 Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good. 5 For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment. 6 Should I lie against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression. 7 What man is like Job, who drinketh up scorning like water? 8 Which goeth in company with the workers of iniquity, and walketh with wicked men. 9 For he hath said, It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God. 10 Therefore hearken unto me ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity. 11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways. 12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment. 13 Who hath given him a charge over the earth? or who hath disposed the whole world? 14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; 15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust. 16 If now thou hast understanding, hear this: hearken to the voice of my words. 17 Shall even he that hateth right govern? and wilt thou condemn him that is most just? 18 Is it fit to say to a king, Thou art wicked? and to princes, Ye are ungodly? 19 How much less to him that accepteth not the persons of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all are the work of his hands. 20 In a moment shall they die, and the people shall be troubled at midnight, and pass away: and the mighty shall be taken away without hand. 21 For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. 22 There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves. 23 For he will not lay upon man more than right; that he should enter into judgment with God. 24 He shall break in pieces mighty men without number, and set others in their stead. 25 Therefore he knoweth their works, and he overturneth them in the night, so that they are destroyed. 26 He striketh them as wicked men in the open sight of others; 27 Because they turned back from him, and would not consider any of his ways: 28 So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted. 29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only: 30 That the hypocrite reign not, lest the people be ensnared. 31 Surely it is meet to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more: 32 That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more. 33 Should it be according to thy mind? he will recompense it, whether thou refuse, or whether thou choose; and not I: therefore speak what thou knowest. 34 Let men of understanding tell me, and let a wise man hearken unto me. 35 Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom. 36 My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because of his answers for wicked men. 37 For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.

Lord, Renew My Very Being
Lord, just as a flower can radiate its precious beauty, and cast its fragrance everywhere, so I ask you to cast the sweet fragrance of your presence over me. Surround me with your love, fill me with your healing balm, enfold me with your peace comfort me with your presence. May your fragrance linger in the stillness of my soul, May your healing love renew my very being. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply