Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reflection - October

October 1

A Time to Think: Christ said we could move mountains if we had faith. But He didn't say we wouldn't need a shovel. –Joyce Vollmer Brown, author

To Act: Do your work with faithfulness and a grateful heart.

To Pray: Thank You, Lord, for the troubled times that strengthen our souls and help us grow.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

A Time to Think: Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. –W.T. Purkiser, preacher and author

To Act: Celebrate the unique gifts that you bring to the world.

To Pray: Beloved Father, help me share the blessings You have given me.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

A Time to Think: Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness. –Barbara Johnson, writer

To Act: Fill your mind with Christ.

To Pray: Lord, in all the times and places of my life, Your love never leaves me.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

A Time to Think: If I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God. –Oswald Chambers, author and evangelist

To Act: Confidently trust God to handle things beyond your efforts.

To Pray: Father I hold tight to Your truth and trust You to work in my life.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

A Time to Think: God's love is never, never exclusive. It is always totally inclusive. –Eugenia Price, author

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Lord, You have redeemed me and claimed me and given me a strength that is not my own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

A Time to Think: We shall come one day to a heaven where we shall gratefully know that God's great refusals were sometimes the true answers to our truest prayer. –P. T. Forsyth, writer and theologian

To Act: Put your problems in God's hands.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to realize my wisdom emerges as I accept and integrate all that has happened to me.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

A Time to Think: Trust God where you cannot see Him. Do not try to penetrate the cloud He brings over you; rather look to the bow that is on it. The mystery is God's; the promise is yours. –John MacDuff, author

To Act: Relax and accept God's grace in times of stress.

To Pray: God, I submit the struggles in my life to Your care.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

A Time to Think: There are certain weights in life you simply cannot carry. Your Lord is asking you to set them down and trust Him. What do you say we take God up on His offer? –Max Lucado, best-selling author and preacher at Oak Hills Church

To Act: Confidently trust God to handle things beyond your efforts.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me face life’s problems with the sure knowledge that You’ll always be there.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

A Time to Think: God's silence is in no way indicative of His activity or involvement in our lives. He may be silent but He is not still. –Charles Stanley, Founder of In Touch Ministries

To Act: Stand up to your fears with faith.

To Pray: Thank You, Lord, for the troubled times that strengthen our souls and help us grow.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

A Time to Think: God has given us prayer that we might draw close to Him, that we might share our lives with Him, and that we might see the miracle of answered prayer each day of our lives. –Hope MacDonald, author

To Act: Remember your faith is the best answer to anxiety.

To Pray: You are awesome, God! Thank You for answering our prayers.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

A Time to Think: In the end, nothing we do or say in this lifetime will matter as much as the way we have loved one another. –Daphne Rose Kingma, author

To Act: Share with others how important they are to you.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for all You have done for me. Help me to share Your spirit with others.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

A Time to Think: Sometimes hope seems as unreal as the angel beside you. But both are there. –Author Unknown

To Act: Focus not on the world's tragedies, but on the world's hope.

To Pray: Father, give me goals that stretch my hope to match Your might.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

A Time to Think: There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God. –Brother Lawrence, author and lay brother of the Carmelite monastery

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to persevere in prayer when things seem impossible, knowing that You are the God of possibilities.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

A Time to Think: God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world, the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil. –E.M. Bounds, author

To Act: Perform the little acts that give form and continuity to love.

To Pray: Lord, teach us to be open to the healing You want to send us.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 10-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

A Time to Think: Faith is the most powerful of all forces operating in humanity and when you have it in depth nothing can get you down. –Norman Vincent Peale, best-selling author and minister

To Act: Remember that faith will lead you through unsteady times.

To Pray: Lord, peace is knowing that Your comfort is only a prayer away.
Post New ThreadReply