Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 26

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2

Psalm 127:3 - 3 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11 — Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever." Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 27

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home! Proverbs 8:34

Proverbs 11:17 - 17 Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.

Proverbs 15:1 — A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Have you ever tried to argue in a whisper? It is equally hard to argue with someone who insists on answering gently. On the other hand, a rising voice and harsh words almost always trigger an angry response. To turn away wrath and seek peace, choose gentle words.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 08-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 28

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12

Micah 6:8 - 8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Psalm 16:5 — Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

"God alone is enough, but without him, nothing is enough for thy happiness." — Puritan John Gibbons
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 29

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

Psalm 18:6 - 6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 30

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, Ephesians 2:19

Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

Matthew 16:25 - 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.

Isaiah 43:1-3(a) —

But now, this is what the Lord says —
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...

In shady green pastures, so rich and so sweet;
Where the water's cool flow bathes the weary one's feet,
God leads his dear children along.
Sometimes on the mountain where the sun shines so bright;
Sometimes in the valley; in the darkest of night!
Though sorrows befall us and Satan oppose,
Through grace we can conquer defeat all our foes!
God leads his dear children along.
Some through the waters,
Some through the flood,
Some through the fire,
But all through the blood!
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
in the night season and all the day long!
— G.A.Young
Old 08-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 31

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: Psalm 95:6-7

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. Jeremiah 29:13

Ecclesiastes 6:9 - 9 Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply