Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #61
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will forgive myself. If I can't forgive myself, how can I forgive others. A counsellor asked me when I was 6 years sober, "Why haven't you forgiven yourself?" I replied, "I never thought to ask." I didn't think I was worthy. The old church tapes and tapes from my parents said I was a walking sin. Every step I took through my life I feared that God was going to strike me down, and if something bad happened, I deserved it.

I had to build a new relationship with my God, so I could walk in faith instead of fear. One Sunday, I went to church, took communion and said, "God that is my amend to you. I never went back to church. I have thought for the last year of going back, but like meetings, I just don't get out and about. Like today, my nights and days get turned around. I went to bed about 7 a.m. and woke up at 10 a.m., I made the decision to go back to bed because my feet were so badly swollen. I woke up at 4:50 p.m. having slept the day away. That is a lot of sleep for a person who never slept much. I am not sure if it was the new medication or just the healing I asked for in a meditation before I went to bed, after talking to my friend Sharon at 9 p.m. until 11 p.m. I gave thanks for the sleep and the healing, because I didn't wake up with a head ache, and my feet aren't as so badly swollen. There was a part of me that felt guilty for sleeping the day away, and even though they say, "Your body must have needed it," I feel like it was a bad thing to do to sleep the day away even though it is raining. So now having expressed myself, now I can let it go. I missed lunch and my noon meds, so had two of the blueberry muffins when I woke up and now I have to figure out what is for dinner.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #62
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be accepting of what is. I will surrender to the moment, knowing that I will be empowered to do what I need to do in today. Accepting doesn't mean I have to like it, but without acceptance, I can't move forward, grow or change.

In the moment, I accept the fact that I am hungry and I need to go and eat. It is not a spiritual or emotional void, it is a physical need that is necessary for my health and well being.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #63
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will remember H.A.L.T. - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. It was important for me to remember that I had to apply this to not only my physical life, but my emotional, mental, and spiritual too.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #64
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will my a conscious effort to connect with the God of my understanding. I will do a meditation and listen to what He has to say to me in today. Maybe I can get out of doing laundry. Sorry, only kidding.

When I told a friend that God dried the dishes in my house, she replied, "Aren't you over relying on God." I said, "Oh No! He makes the air we breathe, and the air dries my dishes." I can never live through a day without relying on Him.

It is important to pray. It is more important to listen for the answers.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #65
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will live in the moment and be accepting. I will lower my expectations, of myself and others. I will get out of my own way and allow things to happen as they should be, and not try to make things happen and play god with my life. I accept that my God knows what is best for me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #66
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will look for the blessings and give thanks. Today was mild, but it was windy and foggy, and it rained for most of the day. It was a dampness that went to the bones, so glad I didn't have to be out long in it. I got a bus right away that took me to the library and didn't have long to wait for a bus home. It is those little things that help a day go by and hours disappear and before you know it, the day is over. I used to make the time disappear. The days were so long, and I wanted time and life to go away. Now there are not enough hours in a day, now that is a real gift.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #67
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice patience and tolerance and wait to hear from my son. He could hardly walk and actually fell because of pains in his spine. I offered to go with him, but he said "No!" He had to take a taxi, because he could hardly walk downstairs. I wanted him to take an ambulance, but he said, "No, they cost too much."

I will practice prayer and be tolerant with myself if I feel a little anxious.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #68
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be grateful. My son is feeling better and we are both going to the chiropractor today. I have been hurting too much to make my butterscotch oatmeal cookies, but still have them on my mind. I will be grateful when the threat of rain passes today, and hopefully be more productive tomorrow.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #69
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will apply the program to all areas of my life. I no longer want to drink and drug, but I have to work on my emotional and spiritual sobriety daily. I will connect with the God of my understanding and ask for his Good Orderly Direction for today and follow it to the best of my ability.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #70
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be accepting of what is. Today was not a good day. I can accept that and not beat myself up over it. I am hurting today, so I am not going to defy what is going on, and get off my computer.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #71
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will use my manners and watch my words. A little courtesy and a smile go a long way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:09 AM   #72
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice the principles in all of my affairs. The 12 Steps are applicable to all areas of my life.

The Steps of Recovery

1. I Can't
2. He Can
3. I'll Let Him
4. Clean House
5. Trust God
6. Surrender
7. Attitude Change
8. Prepare To End Isolation
9. Amending Actions
10. Basis for a Daily Living
11. Peace of Mind
12. Joy of Living Through Action

Tradition One - Unity
Tradition Two - Right Relation to HP
Tradition Three - Willingness
Tradition Four - Live & Let Live
Tradition Five - First Things First
Tradition Six - Keep It Simple
Tradition Seven - Self-Support
Tradition Eight - Altruism
Tradition Nine - Service, Responsiveness & Responsibility
Tradition Ten - Harmony
Tradition Eleven - Personal Humility
Tradition Twelve - Tolerance

[img]www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas-merry/0064.gif[/img]

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:09 AM   #73
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice the principles in all of my affairs. The 12 Steps are applicable to all areas of my life.

The Steps of Recovery

1. I Can't
2. He Can
3. I'll Let Him
4. Clean House
5. Trust God
6. Surrender
7. Attitude Change
8. Prepare To End Isolation
9. Amending Actions
10. Basis for a Daily Living
11. Peace of Mind
12. Joy of Living Through Action

Tradition One - Unity
Tradition Two - Right Relation to HP
Tradition Three - Willingness
Tradition Four - Live & Let Live
Tradition Five - First Things First
Tradition Six - Keep It Simple
Tradition Seven - Self-Support
Tradition Eight - Altruism
Tradition Nine - Service, Responsiveness & Responsibility
Tradition Ten - Harmony
Tradition Eleven - Personal Humility
Tradition Twelve - Tolerance

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #74
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be calm. I will go within and find peace. I know I am never alone. The God of my understanding is always with me. We are part of the whole, and I like the fact that no matter where I go, I will find an AA meeting and a Fellowship of alcoholics and addicts who understand me and have been where I have been.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #75
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will pray for the willingness to be willing to do what I need to do for my health and well being. Feeling like I have a cold coming on and don't want to be sick for Christmas. Don't want to pass it on to my family. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat, a runny nose, a head ache, and the body is hurting enough that I just want my bed. I was told to do the do things, nurture yourself and be open to receive the healing energies you need.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply