Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/16

Christ is like a river. A river is continually flowing, there are fresh supplies of water coming from the fountain-head continually, so that a man may live by it, and be supplied with water all his life. So Christ is an ever-flowing fountain; He is continually supplying His people, and the fountain is not spent. They who live upon Christ, may have fresh supplies from Him to all eternity; they have an increase of blessedness that is new, and new still, and which never will come to an end. --Jonathan Edwards

Christ is a substitute for everything, but nothing is a substitute for Christ. --H. A. Ironside

God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty. Peter Marshall

Behind the scenes, before He ever flung the stars into space, God had today in mind. He had this very week in mind. In fact, He had you in mind. And He knew exactly what He was going to do. God is never at a loss to know what He’s going to do in our situations. He knows perfectly well what is best for us. --Charles Swindoll

It is our weakness that God most frequently uses. --A. B. Simpson

When we are in the midst of an assignment from God and we cannot see past our present situation, it is easy to fear, to doubt, to want to give up. Take heart fellow Christians; God sees past this moment and into eternity, and He is waiting to show you the blessed outcome of your obedience. --David Jeremiah

Every time we experience a trial, the world watches to see the substance of our faith - watches to see if we maintain our love and devotion; watches to see if God will see us through this difficult time. There may often be no better way to minister to others than to simply praise God in the middle of our own trials - no better way to show that God is real than by making Him real in our own life. --Steve Troxel

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS by Joseph J. Mazzella
Over the years I have learned that the best lives are built one choice and one change at a time. They are not built on some big triumph or accomplishment but rather on all the little things we choose to do every single day. What are some of these little things that you can do to change your own life? Here are just a few of them.
Say "Good Morning God!" when you wake up every day. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. Watch the birds flying across the sky. Smell the flowers. Play in the leaves. Make snow angels. Pet your pets. Play with your kids. Pray. Smile at that person in the mirror. Smile at that stranger on the street. Wave. Hug your children. Hug your friends. Hug yourself. Care and sometimes cry. Sing and sometimes dance. Read an uplifting book. Write an uplifting letter. Laugh often. Encourage those around you. Offer to help another. Give a compliment. Pat a back. Shake a hand. Share a kiss. Say "Please." Say "Thank You." Say "You’re Welcome." Take a walk. Take a nap. Take a moment to thank God for today. Enjoy a meal. Hum a tune. Whistle while you work. Listen to music. Listen to the birds singing. Listen to people. Be kind. Be compassionate. Do good. Live simply. Give much. Expect nothing in return.
Most of all, though, just love. Choose love. Share love. Learn of love. Grow in love. Pray for love. Delight in love. Become one with God’s love. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love yourself. Love everyone else in this world as you love yourself. Love and have joy in that love.
All of these little things build the best life. All of these little choices create a life of love and light. All of these little changes fill you with Heaven and happiness. Try them all. Build a better life, a better you, and a better world.

THIS IS GOOD! Author Unknown
The story is told of a king who had a close friend with whom he grew up. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) and remarking, "This is good!"
One day the king and his friend were on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the king. In preparing one of the guns, the friend had apparently done something wrong, for after taking the gun from his friend, the king fired it and his thumb was blown off.
Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good!" To which the king replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and proceeded to send his friend to jail.
About a year later, the king was hunting in a dangerous area. Cannibals captured him and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to it. As they approached to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the king was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone that was less than whole. So after untying the king, they sent him on his way.
As he returned home, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend. You were right," he said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "And so I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this."
"No," his friend replied, "This is good!"
"What do you mean, 'This is good'? How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"
"If I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you."
Situations may not always seem pleasant while we are in them, but the promise of God is clear. If we love him and live our lives according to his precepts, even that which seems to be bleak and hopeless will be turned by God for His glory and our benefit. Hold on... God is faithful!
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

God's Oxygen Mask By Sharon Jaynes
One mother with three active boys was playing cops and robbers in the back yard after dinner on a summer evening. One of the boys "shot" his mother and yelled, "Bang, bang you're dead." She slumped to the ground and when she didn't get up right away, a neighbor ran over to see if she had been hurt in the fall. As the neighbor bent over, the overworked mother opened one eye and said, "Shhh. Don't give me away. It's the only chance I get to rest."
As busy moms, we all need a break from time to time. We mothers need time to re-charge, re-fuel, and refresh. When Steven was two years old, some days I would brush quickly past my husband as he came in the door from work. "Hi, honey," I'd say "I need a break." And off I'd go to walk around the mall or the neighborhood for thirty minutes.
Even Jesus encouraged his disciples: "...Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31 NIV) He knew that we all need time to recharge, reflect, and refresh.
When I was on an airplane recently, the flight attendant gave her usual instructions on the use of the oxygen mask. She said, "If you are traveling with young children, place the mask on yourself first, then assist the child." I thought to myself, "That seems a little selfish," until I realized that if I passed out, I certainly wouldn't be much help to the child sitting next to me.
So mom, take a break today. Spend time with God and ask Him to fill your empty cup!
Let's Pray: "Dear God, You know that parenting is a hard job. Thank you for allowing me the honor and privilege of being a mom. I thank You that I don't have to parent alone. You are right there with me all the time. I pray that You will refresh my soul today. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
Now It's Your Turn: Are you running on empty? What happens if you drive a car until it is out of gas? I know that is a silly question, but I want you to keep that picture in mind as you push through your busy day without taking time to refuel. When is the last time you got away alone to spend some refreshing time with God? Mark out a 15 minute time block in your daily schedule for quiet reflection. This could be first thing in the morning, just after the children go to bed, right after dinner, or before you go to bed each night.

TAKING AIM Author Unknown
A young lady named Sally, relates an experience she had in a seminary class, given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons.
One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day. On the wall was a big target and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.
Sally's girlfriend drew a picture of a girl who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased a the overall effect she had achieved.
The class lined up and began throwing darts, with much laughter and hilarity. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart. Sally looked forward to her turn, and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats.
As Sally sat thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target, Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall.
Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus...
A complete hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus; holes and jagged marks covered His face and His eyes were pierced.
Dr. Smith said these words, "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me." No other words were necessary; the tear-filled eyes of each student focused only on the picture of Christ.
"And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' Matthew 25:40

Because I Am Loved by Lysa Terkeurst
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. - 1 Peter 5:6
Thought for the Day: Doing something in order to be loved is a trap, but doing something because I am loved is incredibly freeing.
My friend Kathrine Lee once said to me, “The first time I lost weight, I did it so that I’d be loved — and I gained all the weight back. This time around I’m losing weight because I am loved, and it’s made all the difference in keeping the weight off.” The truth of her statement struck me profoundly. And it applies to so much more than just weight loss.
Doing something so that we’ll be loved is a trap many of us can get caught in. When I do something because I’m trying to get someone else to notice me, appreciate me, say something to build me up, or respect me more, my motives get skewed. I become very me-focused. I put unrealistic expectations on myself and the other person. And I can get stinkin’ angry when I don’t feel adequately noticed, appreciated, or respected. But doing something because I am loved is incredibly freeing.
Instead of looking at a relationship from the vantage point of what I stand to gain, I look instead at what I have the opportunity to give. I am God-focused and love-directed. I keep my expectations in check. And I am able to lavish on others the grace I know I so desperately need. I live free from regret, with clarity of heart, mind, and soul.
The apostle Paul wrote, But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all. If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. - 1 Corinthians 12:31b-13:1
And you want to know what chips away at the security of knowing I am loved? The noisy lies of the enemy. He has no love in him; therefore his voice is useless.
Are your efforts toward your goal hounded by clanging thoughts of inadequacy, fears of rejection, and hopelessness? Reject those clamorous thoughts and replace them with the love thoughts that God has sent our way through the ages:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist Him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. - 1 Peter 5:6-10
Isn’t it interesting how much easier it is to apply Scripture when we’re doing it because we’re loved? Consider how this applies to the passage from 1 Peter:
Because I am loved, I can humble myself. When I’m trying to be loved, I must build myself up to look better.
Because I am loved, I can cast all my anxiety on Him. When I’m trying to be loved, I cast all my anxiety on my performance.
Because I am loved, I resist Satan and stand firm in my faith. When I’m trying to be loved, I listen to Satan and stand shaky in my feelings.
Because I am loved, I know God will use trials to make me stronger. When I’m trying to be loved, I wonder why God would allow trials.
Indeed, I want to pursue my goals — health and otherwise — from the vantage point of my friend Kathrine. Because I am loved. That’s when my motives stay pure and my heart stays grounded in the comfort and assurance of God’s never-changing love.
Dear Lord, I don’t want my motives to get skewed during my healthy eating journey. Help me to not be me-focused in this process. I long to be God-focused because I am loved by You. Thank You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Reflections by Sharon Greer
Matthew 5:16 – In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (NIV)
The sky looked like the inside of a brilliant, blue bowl turned upside down. There wasn't a single wisp of a cloud to mar its perfection.
As I walked along The Trail that morning, I happened to look down, and I was thrilled to see thousands of tiny sparkling "diamonds" on the backs of the fallen leaves. The sun was reflected in the tiny dew drops in perfectly symmetrical patterns.
A few leaves floated gently down from the trees, settling silently alongside those already lying on the path. The only sound was the single squawk of a lone blue jay, which sailed out of sight up into the glorious blue.
Amid the beauty, I felt that I was almost holding my breath, and the sensation that I was walking on holy ground gripped me. I raised my arms to heaven in worship of my King, and gave thanks for His presence and His wondrous touch on everything.
Finally, I turned around and headed back down The Trail towards my home.
It was then that I noticed that there were very few sparkling drops on the backs of the leaves in front of my feet. Why was that? I wondered. Surely the dew couldn't have dried up so quickly. Then it dawned on me; the answer to the mystery was revealed. I was no longer walking toward the sun, and its rays were not reflected in the droplets at this different angle.
As I pondered the wonder of nature, an amazing thought took shape in my mind.
We, too, as believers, must walk toward the Son if we desire to have our lives reflect His glory. As we keep our eyes on Jesus and obey His will, our lives will reflect Him, just as the droplets reflected the rays of the sun. What a thrilling thought! However, the reverse is also true. If we turn our backs on Him, His glory will be greatly diminished, if not be totally lacking in our lives.
How I praise God for this reminder, and I am even more determined than ever to follow Him more closely so that my life will be a reflection of the wonder of my God and King.
Prayer: O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth. You are the magnificent Creator of heaven and earth and sky. Help us to hear Your slightest whisper when it comes to teaching us how to glorify You. Father, it is our hearts' deepest desire to honour and praise You with our lives. We bring these requests to You in Jesus' name. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Take advantage of this time of new beginnings supported with abundant grace. Think back and remember the times that I have rescued you, and know that I am not finished. If I delivered you in the past, I will do so again. Do not be afraid of the unknown nor fear failure, but put your complete trust in Me to lead, guide, direct and protect you, says the Lord. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

I want you to prepare the way to find Me in earnest. So many make a profession of faith, but never follow through to make a way for My wisdom, direction, teaching, and blessing. There is a way for you to go that will not only set an example for others to live in righteousness, but to prepare a place for the great blessings and benefits of My kingdom, says the Lord. The way must be clear and open. Mark 1:3 "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the LORD; Make His paths straight.’"

You must find the place of peace and strength in My presence regardless of the difficulties you face. Refuse to give in to the temptation of discouragement and despair. Some things are inevitable, but if you will trust Me to bring you through, your faith will rise to a level that the enemy of your soul cannot touch, says the Lord. I will set your feet on higher ground where you can withstand any onslaught. Psalms 118:5 I called on the LORD in distress; the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.

In a vision I saw an old and completely dilapidated house. The foundation was cracked the exterior siding was rotting, and it needed new windows and roofing. The interior of the house was badly damaged and in need of repair. I watched as the cracks in the foundation were filled in, and the exterior of the house, roof and windows were replaced. In the interior, the wiring and plumbing were repaired, the walls were replaced and painted, and the appliances were upgraded. What was once condemned became a beautiful habitation. And, the Lord said, "Behold, My House!" Ephesians 2:19-22 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Step out of the shadows and walk in the light. Evil forces abound and seek to take advantage of any weakness. I will give you wisdom and the discernment to know the difference between good and evil, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Let Me lead you in the way of righteousness and peace, and I will keep you under the shelter of My wings. Psalms 61:4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Believe and receive. Step out in a place of faith that brings victory. I will do exceedingly and abundantly above all that you can imagine. No one will be left out of this process. You are about to enter the season of victory in all areas of your life. The windows of heaven will open and pour out the blessings of this season upon you, and you will know My love in a new way. Please remember that you can press into the vitality of My presence and receive healing in your body, spirit and mind. For, this is a time when you will see the demonstration of the Kingdom of Heaven, says the Lord.

He Loves Us by Anne R. C. Neale
Each tree is created so each branch won't get touched,
He created us too, as He loves us so much,
He surrounds us with beautify every where,
He does all of this for us as He cares,
He gives us the music of a trickling river
And little rain drops that look like silver,
He grows all the flowers with their colorful hues,
He does this with Love as He loves me and you,
A spider web with it's intricate strings
Show how God can create anything,
He created the world and the universe too,
He created everything for us for me and for you,
We should take the time to see His creations,
They all are His thoughts made for every nation,
Everything you see was first conceived in God's mind,
He's Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent and Sublime.
He loves us, the greatest creation of all
Is He prepared a place for our Spirit and Soul,
He loves us so much and we should love him
He is our Creator, The Almighty, God the King.

Simple trusting everyday
Trusting through a stormy way
Even when my faith is small
Trusting Jesus that is all.
Author Unknown

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD , "and will bring you back from captivity. Jeremiah 29:11-14

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Matthew 10:16

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:2-6

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Isaiah 40:1

To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed: Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:1-11

Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar
One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer--at three in the afternoon. Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him. Acts 3:1-10

New Year Meditation by Mary-Ellen Grisham
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." Psalms 51: 10-12 KJV
"...even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6: 4b KJV
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are
passed away; behold, all things are become new." II Corinthians 5:17 KJV
In the first Scripture from Psalms 51, we hear King David's contrition as he regrets and confesses his sin with Bathsheba. So often we feel the need to ask forgiveness, to repent of mistaken behavior, to begin anew.
The second from Romans is a reminder that since we have been "buried" with Christ in baptism, we ought also to walk in new life as our faith renews us and brings us rebirth through the Spirit. It is a rebirth that brings us eternal life.
The third from II Corinthians reminds us in slightly different wording that we become "new" persons when we believe in Jesus and seek to leave behind our old life, our old ways.
These Scriptural words set a wise tone and direction for the new year as we seek to begin anew. Many set new goals and choose new directions with a fresh new year. Even though we may not keep all of the resolutions, the attempt to evaluate our lives, our choices, and our purposes aims us in the direction of renewal and recommitment. Trying new ways stimulates us to vital living, invigorating and liberating us from staid routine and repetitious behaviors.
Though our lives may not change outwardly in dramatic fashion, the spirit of renewal reminds us of our first love, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the joy and dedication that our love for him can bring.

Dear God, With this prayer, I call to mind my family and friends. I ask for Your blessing on them. May angels fill their nights and bless their days. May they find joy and peace and harmony. May I be a source of happiness in their lives. May our bonds be strong and based on truth. May they always know that in me, they have support. May I live a life that lives up to this prayer. Thank You, God. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Numbers 11
The People Complain
1 Now when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; for the Lord heard it, and His anger was aroused. So the fire of the Lord burned among them, and consumed some in the outskirts of the camp. 2 Then the people cried out to Moses, and when Moses prayed to the Lord, the fire was quenched. 3 So he called the name of the place Taberah, because the fire of the Lord had burned among them. 4 Now the mixed multitude who were among them yielded to intense craving; so the children of Israel also wept again and said: “Who will give us meat to eat? 5 We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic; 6 but now our whole being is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!” 7 Now the manna was like coriander seed, and its color like the color of bdellium. 8 The people went about and gathered it, ground it on millstones or beat it in the mortar, cooked it in pans, and made cakes of it; and its taste was like the taste of pastry prepared with oil. 9 And when the dew fell on the camp in the night, the manna fell on it. 10 Then Moses heard the people weeping throughout their families, everyone at the door of his tent; and the anger of the Lord was greatly aroused; Moses also was displeased. 11 So Moses said to the Lord, “Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me? 12 Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them, that You should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which You swore to their fathers? 13 Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? For they weep all over me, saying, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ 14 I am not able to bear all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. 15 If You treat me like this, please kill me here and now—if I have found favor in Your sight—and do not let me see my wretchedness!”
The Seventy Elders
16 So the Lord said to Moses: “Gather to Me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you. 17 Then I will come down and talk with you there. I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you may not bear it yourself alone. 18 Then you shall say to the people, ‘Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow, and you shall eat meat; for you have wept in the hearing of the Lord, saying, “Who will give us meat to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt.” Therefore the Lord will give you meat, and you shall eat. 19 You shall eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days, 20 but for a whole month, until it comes out of your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have despised the Lord who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, “Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?”’” 21 And Moses said, “The people whom I am among are six hundred thousand men on foot; yet You have said, ‘I will give them meat, that they may eat for a whole month.’ 22 Shall flocks and herds be slaughtered for them, to provide enough for them? Or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to provide enough for them?” 23 And the Lord said to Moses, “Has the Lord’s arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not.” 24 So Moses went out and told the people the words of the Lord, and he gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people and placed them around the tabernacle. 25 Then the Lord came down in the cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the seventy elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied, although they never did so again. 26 But two men had remained in the camp: the name of one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad. And the Spirit rested upon them. Now they were among those listed, but who had not gone out to the tabernacle; yet they prophesied in the camp. 27 And a young man ran and told Moses, and said, “Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp.” 28 So Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, one of his choice men, answered and said, “Moses my lord, forbid them!” 29 Then Moses said to him, “Are you zealous for my sake? Oh, that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them!” 30 And Moses returned to the camp, he and the elders of Israel.
The Lord Sends Quail
31 Now a wind went out from the Lord, and it brought quail from the sea and left them fluttering near the camp, about a day’s journey on this side and about a day’s journey on the other side, all around the camp, and about two cubits above the surface of the ground. 32 And the people stayed up all that day, all night, and all the next day, and gathered the quail (he who gathered least gathered ten homers); and they spread them out for themselves all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was aroused against the people, and the Lord struck the people with a very great plague. 34 So he called the name of that place Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had yielded to craving. 35 From Kibroth Hattaavah the people moved to Hazeroth, and camped at Hazeroth.

God of grace and glory, teach us to value every person and to love each one as your child. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply