Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

No life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it.
—Ellen Glasgow

Jimmy and Karen were out catching insects for their science class. Jimmy had caught a gray moth and Karen a monarch butterfly.

"My moth sure isn't very pretty," Jimmy said as he looked at the two insects. "Now I'll have to catch something else."

"Oh, but it is," said Karen. "See what a fat body your moth has compared to my butterfly, and it's got fuzzies on its wings."

"You're right," said Jimmy, beginning to smile at his moth. "I was almost going to let him go."

How many times in the past have we taken just a quick look at something before rejecting it? Often, simply because a thing isn't quite what we expected, we don't give ourselves a chance to discover what it is that makes that thing beautiful. There is a secret beauty in everything, even ourselves. When we take the time to seek it out in other people and things, especially those that have disappointed us, that beauty is reflected in us, too.

Can I find the beauty in something common today?
A lesson learned in recovery, there is something good in everything and everyone if we but look for it. I firmly believe that everything is not all positive or all negative. I feel it isn't fair to discount something or someone, without giving them a chance. Someone did that for me. That is why we have Steps 4-9.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply